Default Can Facebook Admins Get Book Royalties for Content from the Page

Hi there, I have a strange question. Hopefully someone can help me.
    I am admin on a very big Facebook page along with 4 others.
    The person that created the page hasn't been available due to circumstances beyond his control for quite a while now (he's working somewhere there is no internet) so the other 3 admins are doing all the work.

We recently recieved an offer from a book publishing firm to publish a book showing some of the contents of our page. The royalty's will go to the head admin as he's the one recieving all of the corrrespondance from them, he signed the contract, etc.

The other 3 admin, me included, have a concern. He's stated on several occasions that all admins will recieve a percentage of the money as without us the page wouldn't still be going. I have proof of this in messages to me.
    We're a little worried as we won't know the exact amount he will recieve. To get to the point, we put in a LOT of work for this page while he doesn't do anything and we're worried he's not going to honour his promise's.

Is there a way we can find out how much he recieves?
    If we recieve nothing or almost nothing from him do we have any rights to get compensated by him for what we think we quite rightly deserve?

We only want a fair amount, nothing ridiculous, just what we've worked for. Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Can Facebook Admins Get Book Royalties for Content from the Page

Quote Quoting Disenchanted
    View Post
    The person that created the page hasn't been available due to circumstances beyond his control for quite a while now (he's working somewhere there is no internet) so the other 3 admins are doing all the work.
    So it's HIS page, and you 3 have been volunteering to run the page? Or do you have some contract with him that makes you an employee or otherwise grants you some form of compensation or stake in the page? Being an admin, in and of itself, doesn't bestow a legal stake in the page. The owner/creator would generally have 100% rights to content, contracts, income generated, or the ability to simply delete the whole thing at a whim.

The royalty's will go to the head admin as he's the one recieving all of the corrrespondance from them, he signed the contract, etc.
    As the owner, absent some other contractual obligation to you, he would be the appropriate party to make contracts regarding the page.

The other 3 admin, me included, have a concern. He's stated on several occasions that all admins will recieve a percentage of the money as without us the page wouldn't still be going. I have proof of this in messages to me.
    Ok. Make sure you save those.

We're a little worried as we won't know the exact amount he will recieve. To get to the point, we put in a LOT of work for this page while he doesn't do anything and we're worried he's not going to honour his promise's. Is there a way we can find out how much he recieves?
    If we recieve nothing or almost nothing from him do we have any rights to get compensated by him for what we think we quite rightly deserve?

You'd have the right to file a lawsuit, prove the terms of your contact (from the emails) with him to the court, and seek compensation under the terms of that contract.

We only want a fair amount, nothing ridiculous, just what we've worked for. Thanks in advance.
    "Fair" isn't the issue. You'd be entitled to whatever the contract between you and the owner spells out. When working and expecting compensation, it's best to get the basis and/or amounts of that compensation spelled out in ADVANCE. Did he give a specific percentage? Was that percentage for EACH of you, or to be split among the 3 of you? If he only said "a percentage", you realize that .00001% split 3 ways is a percentage, right?

Default Re: Can Facebook Admins Get Book Royalties for Content from the Page

Based on your use of the word honour, US law only.

1. Sponsored Links