Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Default Re: Am I Responsible for a Gun Misfire

Quote Quoting Bubba Jimmy
    View Post
    . I have fired many thousands of rounds and I have never had a firearm discharge a round unintentionally. If I was on a jury and a defendant asserted, "the gun was in my pocket and golly, it just went off some how" I know how I would evaluate that testimony.
    barring any other details, your decision ends up being based on the veracity of the speaker.

Hey, every read about the Kimber Solo Carry and it's defective safety? I hear you can fire a round even with the safety engaged sometimes. I'm sure that isn't the only gun in history to have safety issues. If the weapon involved was A kimber solo carry and within the serial numbers of the affected guns, it sure could go a long way to a defense of negligence.

Unless you want to argue that carrying a weapon in itself is negligent, you will have to have more than: somebody got shot, to lay culpability and resulting negligence on the gun carrier.

1) if you are going to carry, use a holster.

2) if you ignore 1), FFS don't keep a round in the chamber

3) never trust a safety

4) keep your booger picker off the bang switch until you are ready to fire

Amen. Anybody who accidentally pulls a trigger and hurts somebody because they thought the safety would prevent the gun from firing is... negligent. People sticking their fingers into a trigger guard when the are not planning to fire a gun irritates the hell out of me.

jk, when I did sit on a jury, I brought all of my life experiences with me. My judgements about the veracity of witnesses drew on those experiences.

Quote Quoting Bubba Jimmy
    View Post
    People sticking their fingers into a trigger guard when the are not planning to fire a gun irritates the hell out of me.
    Thank you for bringing up that point, Bubba. It SHOULD irritate ANY person with any reasonable understanding of firearm safety, and is one of the things that is addressed over and over (and over) at any firearm training. It even annoys the hell outta me when I see it happen in movies and TV shows which, unfortunately, is where so many people get their "information" on so many topics. My instructor smacked my hand more than a few times until I got into the proper habit of pulling my firearm with finger at the ready position, rather than the firing position.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4