Default How to Transfer Real Estate from an Estate to the Heir

My question involves real estate located in the State of: Indiana

I and a sibling are the personal representatives of my deceased mother's estate as well as the beneficiaries in her will. The house is still in her name and we wish to transfer the title to our names. It appear we should use a PR deed however do our names appear as both the grantor and grantee (see example below). Thank you.

1. Grantor. I, GRANTOR'S NAME, am the duly appointed, qualified, and acting Personal Representative of the Estate of DECEDENT'S NAME, Deceased, COUNTY, STATE

2. Grantee. The Grantee is GRANTEE'S NAME.

Default Re: Personal Representative Deed to Change Title from Deceased Parents to Children

Quote Quoting chiguymike
    View Post
    My question involves real estate located in the State of: Indiana

I and a sibling are the personal representatives of my deceased mother's estate as well as the beneficiaries in her will. The house is still in her name and we wish to transfer the title to our names. It appear we should use a PR deed however do our names appear as both the grantor and grantee (see example below). Thank you.

1. Grantor. I, GRANTOR'S NAME, am the duly appointed, qualified, and acting Personal Representative of the Estate of DECEDENT'S NAME, Deceased, COUNTY, STATE

2. Grantee. The Grantee is GRANTEE'S NAME.
    I know this will sound weird, but "grantor" as a personal representative, is a different entity legally, than the "grantee" as an individual. So yes, that is how it would appear.

Default Re: Personal Representative Deed to Change Title from Deceased Parents to Children

you personally are not the grantor. The personal representative, which just happens to be you and sibling, are the grantors.

So, what happens is you are not granting it to yourself. The PR is granting it, as a representative of the decedent's estate, to you.

1. Sponsored Links