Default How to Get the Attorney General's Office to Approve a Child Support Deviation

My question involves child support in the State of: Texas

I have served my ex wife back in the month of April. Now we're in the month of October near November and my case is still not done. I want to terminate child support asap. I've had already talked to my ex wife in removing child support. My attorney had created an order saying that I, the father, will have primary custody of the child and that no child support will be filed. My ex wife had already agreed to give up the child and stop child support so she signed the order. This was in August when she signed the order. I have already submitted it in to my attorney. He said he will have this signed by the AG first before presenting it to the Judge. It's near November now and still havent heard any good news from my attorney. Everytime I call him asking how's my case going, his only answer was: "still waiting for the AG to sign". When I ask what's the hold up and how can we expedite this, he said the quickest way is to go to trial. I do not want to go to trial because my ex wife had already agreed to give me custody. And if I dont go to trial, I will have to keep waiting. In the meantime I am still paying child support and plus I have the child to take care of. What can or should I do about this? Is there any other way I can get the AG to agree to the order? Please help.

Default Re: How to Get the Attorney General's Office to Approve a Child Support Deviation

As your lawyer indicates, your choices are to have a hearing on your case or wait. I'm not sure why it would be a big deal to have a hearing, as you indicate that everybody is in agreement about the outcome, but we don't have the factual background.

1. Sponsored Links