Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: Back Injury in a Car Accident with Delayed Treatment

Lowell Dearsman;753300]i don't even care about the money, dayum.
    then why are you suing? That is all you will get from a suit but to claim you don't care after you asked this makes no sense:

My lawyer has been haggling with the adjuster for a while now and i can't get an answer on how much compensation i should receive. I really want future medical expense so i can continue to be treated when we settle. My insurance does not cover physical therapy.
    that clearly stated you do in fact care about the money.

So, if you don't care about the money, drop the suit because that is all you will get, even if you win.

. Can i fire my lawyer and just take up my own case? I am being dead honest. I would rather just work it myself.
    usually but check your contract. You may owe an hourly fee for services to date or still be bound to the lawyer receiving some percentage of any award.

So you're saying all i will ever get either way, sue or not is maybe some future medical expense and medical bills paid? I don't care about getting some large sum of money, i have plenty of money but i am not using it for an accident that was not my fault.

My lawyer is incompetent, i've never been through this so i thought i would ask. Are you an adjuster?

Lowell Dearsman;753311]So you're saying all i will ever get either way, sue or not is maybe some future medical expense and medical bills paid? I don't care about getting some large sum of money, i have plenty of money but i am not using it for an accident that was not my fault.
    I said all you will ever get from this suit is money. Whether it be for actual injury or future liabilities makes no difference; it will simply be money. You said you didn't care about the money and I asked why you are suing because that is the only thing a suit it about.

My lawyer is incompetent, i've never been through this so i thought i would ask.
    why do you say that?
    Are you an adjuster?
    I adjust a lot of things but if you mean an insurance adjuster, no, I am not.

Again, you cannot collect for something that might happen. You can certainly attempt to work with your lawyer to drag the case out and file at the last minute in an attempt to obtain more potential injury coverage. Just because you receive treatment does not mean you will receive compensation for it.

I think i have been misunderstood here, it's hard to tell too much on social media. I got word from my attorney on Tuesday, he received a causation letter from my surgeon. All of my treatment is related to my accident per my surgeon. I am at maximum medical improvement per him. I am fine with that. The only thing i was wanting to know is what kind of settlement maybe i should expect since the attorney blows me off when i ask him. This has already been going on for over a year. I am trying to wrap it up because i want to move on, move out of state but the lawyer is the one dragging his feet. I appreciate everybody's advice, all i want is what i am entitled to, pain and suffering, specials or whatever. This is the last time i work with an attorney, Lord willing.

maybe the lawyer isn't too settled on a number. I have known attorneys that shy away from giving a number. It gives the client belief that is what they will be getting (which is silly since the lawyer will not even give you odds on winning) and if they don't get it, all of a sudden the lawyer is at fault.

ask the lawyer for a probable range for what you are seeking compensation for.

tell the lawyer you are wanting to bring this to a conclusion. Realize that pushing to finalize things may result in a lesser award. If you are willing to accept that, tell the lawyer you want to get things moving.

Well, the adjuster for the guilty party is just sitting on it. It's been over 14 months. Do you think he may think i am lying? I'm not, my surgeon stated my injuries were from the MVA. I was told today that i may have to file suit. She whiz, i am over all this crap. They know they're gonna have to pay and i am not asking for much. I was never treated for back injuries while in service either.

I suffer extreme anxiety as i'm a recent war vet. I am a mess mentally, my anxiety is through the roof. My doctor had to up my dosage of anti-anxiety medication. Maybe i should not have hired a lawyer, maybe i should. I simply don't know. Can i sue the adjuster? His client was texting and driving and smashed into my brand new car and totaled it. She injured my daughter too. My daughter has already settled. How long does a law suit take? I guess i will go that route if needed.

I was told today that i may have to file suit.
    in your words:

dayum

I jumped to a conclusion that you had already filed suit. In the big picture, you are in the very early stages of the process. Often times a plaintiff doesn't seriously consider filing suit until there the end of the statute of limitations (2 years from the date of the injury in Virginia)

She whiz, i am over all this crap. They know they're gonna have to pay and i am not asking for much. I was never treated for back injuries while in service either.
    actually, as early in the situation as you are is one reason they aren't moving very fast. They want to know if you are going to heal soon which would reduce wha they may be liable for.
    Can i sue the adjuster?
    no
    His client was texting and driving and smashed into my brand new car and totaled it. She injured my daughter too. My daughter has already settled.
    but HE wasn't texting nor did he cause the accident
    How long does a law suit take?
    as I was alluding to earlier in this post; many suits are not filed until near the end of the statute of limitations. Once filed, it could be quick or it could be years before it is settled. A lot of variables involved.

all of this is also a reason your lawyer may not give you much in the line of a possible award as well.

Thanks for the reply. I have reached my MMI. I am finished. There are no more treatments. The offenders adjuster wanted a causation report from my surgeon and he got it, all favorable towards me. I am not going to anymore doctor visits.

Now, its been 14 months, the offenders adjuster is not responding even after all this. My lawyer told me today that this particular company is the worst at responding and a suit may have to be filed. I don't understand why. I am requesting a meeting with my attorney.

My lawyer told me today that this particular company is the worst at responding and a suit may have to be filed. I don't understand why. I am requesting a meeting with my attorney
    because of this:

My lawyer told me today that this particular company is the worst at responding
    sometimes it takes a really big hammer to get their attention.

The other thing;

these things can take time.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast