Default Transferring a Bail Bond from One Person to Another

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Colorado, Douglas County. My buddy just got bailed out of jail in colorado. But he lives here in California, but wont be finished with court up in colorado for 3 months. He is asking me to transfer his bail bond from his name to my name. Is that possible? What all would it entail?

Default Re: Regarding Transferring a Bail Bond from 1 Person to Another

Very foolish Grasshopper. When he does not show, you will be on the hook.

so its 100000000000% a bad idea? If i did do it tho.... it would only be the funds that they want from me right?

Quote Quoting supai
    View Post
    My question involves criminal law for the state of: Colorado, Douglas County. My buddy just got bailed out of jail in colorado. But he lives here in California, but wont be finished with court up in colorado for 3 months. He is asking me to transfer his bail bond from his name to my name. Is that possible? What all would it entail?
    it would involve you being completely brain dead on your part.

If it is possible, you contact his bail bondsman and tell him you are dumb enough, I mean such a great friend that you are willing to put whatever the amount of the bail is (that is the total bail, not the cost of the bond used to cover the bail) on the line and guarantee your friend will report to court as required.

ok tight thx guys

Quote Quoting supai
    View Post
    so its 100000000000% a bad idea? If i did do it tho.... it would only be the funds that they want from me right?
    until your friend skips. Then you owe the total amount of the bail. Typical bonds are 10% of the bail. That means if his bail is $100,000, it would cost $10,000 to purchase the bond. Now, that's money spent that you will not get back. Then, if he skips, you, since you want to be such a great friend, will now owe that $100,000 to the bondsman since the court is going to call the bond and make him cough up the money.

its ok its only a 7000 bail and what if i skipped out on the 7000 theyd come after me for what would that become?

if the bail is $7k then that is it. If that is the cost to purchase a bond, then the bail is likely to be around $70,000.

Then there is also the issue of getting friend to repay you for the bond money.

1. Sponsored Links