Default Buyer of a Jet Ski is Demanding Repairs or a Refund

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: Maryland

I sold my Jet Ski last week. The buyer looked over of the vehicle, ran the engine, and checked to make sure things were in working order. When he was satisfied, we signed over the title, and signed a bill of sale, and then he paid me my asking price. 4 days later he sends a text saying that there are issues with the vehicle, and that he wants me to help him get it fixed (IE: Pay for it to be fixed), or give him his money back.

I would've been open to helping him, but not he's been sending some fairly threatening texts to me demanding for me to fix the problem.

If some one could give me some advice, i'd really appreciate it!!! Do I have any obligations to do anything?

Default Re: Sold My Jet Ski. 4 Days Later the Seller Wants His Money Back

not unless there is a contract between you that says otherwise - otherwise, the sale is considered "as is"

Quote Quoting aardvarc
    View Post
    not unless there is a contract between you that says otherwise - otherwise, the sale is considered "as is"
    There were no other contracts or warranties that were discussed or promised in the bill of sale.

Advise him to enjoy his new toy. Hope he registers it and does not create liability issues for you.

Quote Quoting Disagreeable
    View Post
    Advise him to enjoy his new toy. Hope he registers it and does not create liability issues for you.
    I have copies of title and bill of sale just in case he decided not to have anything registered to keep me out of a potential issue such as that. Ironically I never expected to call back and tell me that there was something wrong with a ski that i sold him that was running totally fine a the time of purchase. I figured he's trying to pull one over on me and he played a little too hard with the ski and damaged it and now wants to get his cash back by making up that I sold him something that was already damaged...

I would advise you to notify the registering agency (DMV, etc) of the sale. They usually have forms, etc that you submit and costs about $5. It can go a long way in preventing a lawsuit in the future.

1. Sponsored Links