Default Bank Gave Someone else Access to My Account

My question involves personal finance in the State of: FL

Hi!, this is basically what happened, someone with a very similar name like mine went to the bank, said that they didn't know their account number and just gave them their ID,the teller gave them access to my account and then realizing that withdrew all the funds on the account. I already have made a claim and file a police report. Now can I take legal action against the bank and the person??

Default Re: Bank Gave Someone else Access to My Account

Quote Quoting ampx
    View Post
    My question involves personal finance in the State of: FL

Hi!, this is basically what happened, someone with a very similar name like mine went to the bank, said that they didn't know their account number and just gave them their ID,the teller gave them access to my account and then realizing that withdrew all the funds on the account. I already have made a claim and file a police report. Now can I take legal action against the bank and the person??
    The bank will make you whole so you will have suffered no damages. Once you are made whole, I suggest that you close that account and open a new one at another bank.

Aside from that I see no law suit in your future.

Hi, they are in the process returning the money to my account, but was wondering since because they're fault I had to cancel my vacations since they left me with no money, also my wife had to miss a day at work.

Who is the person with the very similar name to yours?
    Your wife?
    If not, are you related to the person?

HI, they are unrelated to me their name is similar to mine it's just missing one letter.

Personally, I would first ask the bank for the money I'd already paid for the vacation. I'd also have my wife ask for a day's lost pay - but please explain how she lost a day's pay because of this?

And if the bank isn't forthcoming, I'd sue for it + court fees in small claims court. Worth a shot.

Odds are the bank has limited what you can recover by virtue of the contract you entered when you opened the account.

If the other person was aware of the error and took money out of your account knowing it was not his, he would be criminally and civilly liable. Whether or not you can make a case for recovering any of your stated losses will depend on the full facts.

1. Sponsored Links