Exclamation Can I Get a Restraining Order to Stop My Ex From Saying Bad Things About Me

My question involves restraining orders in the State of: New Jersey

I have a two part question. First, my ex wife continues to say deragatory remarks about me to our children. She denies it but the kids contantly tell me me she talks bad about me. If it was an isolated incident I could overlook it. But we have been divorced for 2 years and seperated over 4 and it continues on a weekly basis. I actually got hit by a car in a convenience store parking lot, and she told the kids it was my fault. There is language in the divorce agreemnt prohibiting this type of behavior, but what can I really do?

On top of that, she went on a screaming rant in front of the kids and my girlfriend while I was picking up the kids. She basically yelled that I was a thief, can't be trusted, etc This was not the first time. She has done it at our childs basketball game, our childs baseball game, outside my apartment in front of my neighbor, and in emails to MY parents. I have had and want to know if I realistically have any legal recourse. I have witnesses to almost every event mentioned above, and the emails to my parents.

She does this in front of our kids, friends and family of mine and total strangers and it needs to stop. Please advise if there is anything I can do. Thank you

Default Re: Continual Harassment and Deragatory Remarks to Our Children

Quote Quoting havehadenoughz
    View Post
    My question involves restraining orders in the State of: New Jersey

I have a two part question. First, my ex wife continues to say deragatory remarks about me to our children. She denies it but the kids contantly tell me me she talks bad about me. If it was an isolated incident I could overlook it. But we have been divorced for 2 years and seperated over 4 and it continues on a weekly basis. I actually got hit by a car in a convenience store parking lot, and she told the kids it was my fault. There is language in the divorce agreemnt prohibiting this type of behavior, but what can I really do?

On top of that, she went on a screaming rant in front of the kids and my girlfriend while I was picking up the kids. She basically yelled that I was a thief, can't be trusted, etc This was not the first time. She has done it at our childs basketball game, our childs baseball game, outside my apartment in front of my neighbor, and in emails to MY parents. I have had and want to know if I realistically have any legal recourse. I have witnesses to almost every event mentioned above, and the emails to my parents.

She does this in front of our kids, friends and family of mine and total strangers and it needs to stop. Please advise if there is anything I can do. Thank you
    If there is language in your divorce decree prohibiting the behaviour, file for contempt. Otherwise, grow a pair and get the kids into counseling

Grow a pair?? Thats really good advice. I can just yell back at her so the kids can see that as well. Good luck in your law career

Why don't you read the first sentence of Antigone's response? That's probably the best legal advice you can get.

Thank you eerleations

Practical advice:

Stop taking your girlfriend with you for pick up/drop off. I'm sure that's not helping.

Other than that, it's virtually impossible to actually enforce such a clause.

Quote Quoting havehadenoughz
    View Post
    Thank you eerleations
    Hey don't thank me OP, thank Antigone! (And grow a pair while yer at it.)

LOL, ee. What was wrong with growing a pair, it is actually very good advice.

I agree. It just wasn't the only good advice you gave, so I pointed that out to the OP.

1. Sponsored Links