Default Getting a License with an Out-of-State Suspension for Failure to Blow

My question involves a driver's license issued by the State of: SC. I was arrested for a bogus DUI which was thrown out. While at the jail, I refused to blow bc I was nervous.(didn't know any better). So now my license has been suspended for over a year now because of that. I thought that once I was cleared of the DUI, all else would disappear also. Evidently this is not a driving charge but a criminal charge and it sticks regardless of the DUI outcome. So, to make a LONG story short, I'm moving to Georgia and wanted to get a license there. I keep running into the never-ending loop of," you'll need to call the Georgia DDS", "you'll need to call the SCDMV". All I want to do is find out what requirements(actions,courses) could be met in Ga, to satisfy the SC suspension requirements. SC says you have an auto 6 month suspension and have to take the ADSAP course which is 8wks min, and $500. Georgias requirement is a 1 year mandatory suspension. My license has remained suspended for over a year now. Even if I had to go through the Georgia Department of Driver Services DUI and Risk Reduction course (Ga equivalent to ADSAP), it would be much better bc they cost $292, and can be done in 3 days.... I'm tired of the run around and would just like to know what I need to do once I get to Georgia. ARGGGGG!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot to mention that the back and forth conversations with GA and SC also included the 'Interstate ADSAP' office which loves to make you wait for 15+ mins on hold before picking up the phone and slamming it back down. .... Call againn........

Default Re: Suspended in Sc for Failure to Blow. Trying to Get a License After Moving to Ga

First thing: stop talking to GA. They will NOT issue a license if you are suspended in another state. Just forget about it. You're confusing the poor sucker at the DDS.

As you realized the failure to blow is a distinct issue from the DUI. Having one dismissed means squat with the other. The only thing that might have saved you (it's too late now) is if the the underlying stop were declared to be improper (no reasonable suspicion). However, you only had 10 days to protest that.

You'll have to jump through the SC hoops (ADSAP, etc..) to get restored there. Once your license is restored there, GA should issue.

Default Re: Suspended in Sc for Failure to Blow. Trying to Get a License After Moving to Ga

No offense but, I think you missed the point of what I was trying to say. It sounded like you were just echoing my statements in a different way. The main point that I was trying to state was that, as told by the ADSAP office during a visit, is that I'd have to go through 'Interstated ADSAP', and Georgia, to find out what the requirements were that were sufficient and/or equivalent. Evidently there are programs in Georgia that satisfy the SC suspension requirements and vice versa. I'm just not able to find the exact answer by doing what I've been directed to do by these agencies. So, all I want to really know is, has anyone been through this or have experienced knowledge of what EXACTLY I should do. I'm not looking for a cheat to get through this, I'm not trying to get a license in one state while the is suspended in another without completing some sort of reinstatement requirements. There are loopholes and ways to get around it without cheating and having a particular state have you by the balls and force you to pay ridiculous amounts of money when it's not needed. I've heard bits of hints from officials but cant seem to get a direct answer.

maybe you missed the point.

since it is obvious everybody has been telling you to do something yet none of them know what to do or how to do it, it's time you accept the fact they just don't know what they are talking about. Then you can go to SC and do what it takes to appease them and have your driving privileges reinstated. Then you can get a GA license.

having a particular state have you by the balls and force you to pay ridiculous amounts of money when it's not needed.
    there is the problem: this is a SC issue and you simply do not want to pay what SC charges. Sorry about that.

and actually, all you wrote in your first post is that you wanted to find a program in GA that fulfills the SC requirements. You said nothing of anybody actually telling you any such animal is out there.

All I want to do is find out what requirements(actions,courses) could be met in Ga, to satisfy the SC suspension requirements
    yep, there is is right there. What you want and what you need are two different things.

1. Sponsored Links