Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Exclamation Pain Management Doctor Says He Can't Treat Me Anymore

My question involves workers compensation law for the state of: TN

I am in need of advice badly and thought I would ask on this forum because you all have been helpful to me in the past. I have been seeing a Pain Management Dr since 2011 for severe permanent nerve damage to my lower back and right leg. The Injury was a work comp claim that was settled with medical left open. The Doctor has had me on every kind of scripts since 2011. Today he informed me that there was nothing else he could do for me but did not discharge me from care or give me a referral to another Pain Management Center. So in sense I am seeing him for nothing now. I have requested a new panel of Dr's but the Insurance Company is refusing to pay for me to see another Dr and they have told me they will not because he is the primary Dr. I told them that they are paying for visits when he is doing nothing for treatment and this is the same thing as not complying with the settlement I agreed too. What should I do? The Doctor is aware that I have applied for Disability and that I am waiting on a judge at this time. I just don't understand if a Doctor feels like he is unable to treat me then why can I not get a referral from him so that maybe another Doctor can try to treat me. If the Insurance will not comply with the settlement they agreed to and the Doctor will not treat me then how am I receiving medical care within reason? Thank You

Update:

Insurance Company has contacted me asking if I would be interested in selling my medical left open. I replied back since the Pain Doctor Center is not treating me and I am not getting medical treatment within reason and I have not worked since 2011 how much would you pay me for my medical to be settled. They did not reply. The Insurance Company asked me if I was on Medicare and I told them No I am not but they said Medicare would half to approve before they would or could offer any kind of settlement and that it could take anywhere from two months to a year to get approval from Medicare. I told them I would like to leave my medical left open but if I cant see a Pain Doctor and if they will not provide me with medical within reason then hell why not sell it right. Thank You

Default Re: Pain Management Doctor Says He Can't Treat Me Anymore

just because you have medical coverage for your work injury doesn't mean you should have constant treatment.
    if the doctor does not believe additional care is necessary, then the physician cannot be made to provide it.
    if the law does not provide you with any additional options for a change of physician, then your alternative is to obtain a consulting medical opinion that you will benefit from additional treatment and take your evidence and the issue back to the comp court for their determination.
    the comp board has continuing jurisdiction over the terms of your comp settlement.
    if you had an atty for your original settlement they are likely still your atty of record and can represent you.

Have you had nerve blocks and radiofrequency ablation? Did you explore additional surgical relief? Did you just want pain pills?

I have always been open to any suggestions the Doctor may have had except another surgery yes.

Everything but the drugs is considered surgical. You are being evasive, hence the reason you are being dropped. You are not seeking a solution, you are seeking a ......dilution.

Update:

The lawyer who works for the Insurance Company wants to discuss settling future medical benefits. How much would be within reason? If I had another surgery would cost them $60,000 +

Reason I have declined a second surgery is because of nerve damage the first one left me with. I think anyone in my shoes would also decline. I can barley walk as it is I do not want to be in a wheel chair and I do believe if I had another surgery the results would be even worse.

everyone's reason is different depending on the information they have. we only have the information from this post.
    right now they are paying nothing and they know you have refused surgery so your future benefits are almost at "nuisance value".
    basically saving the cost of an attys time if you wanted to fight the treating doctor issue, monitoring the claim, and maintaining records.
    maybe a few thousand but it's just a wild ass guess based on no information.
    you might as well as spin a fortune wheel...

Well there are many facters that I am stuck with at this time is why I am even considering a settement of my future medical. I have not worked since 2011 and I have applied for Disability since then. Long Process as we all know. I now have permanent nerve damage to my lower back and right leg which will never improve. I am now waiting on a court date in front of a judge for disability. Even if I was able to return back to work the Employer has already said they have no job for me that I could do of any kind and because it has been so long I am unable to file for Unemployemnt Benefits. The pain Doctor I have been seeing since 2011 has also said there is nothing else he can do for me but he will not give another referal to another Doctor who maybe could. Insurance Company has also stated they will not change the Primary Doctor because they do not half to even if I feel like I am not getting medical treatment within reason which is required by law. The lawyer that works for the Insurance Company has not contacted me as of yet with a figure but with all these issues I face now I know I will not settle for change but because it is taking so long to get disability I have loss pretty much all that I own. Is there any kind of law that limits how much they would be willing to close out future medical benefits for? If I had another surgery Doctor said would cost around $60,000 + but I have declined another surgery because the first surgery almost left me in a wheel chair because of severe nerve damage and scar tissue that set up on my spine. Thank You

Treatments that all failed:

1.Spinal Stimulator was placed on spine and then removed because of severe aggravation which also left scar tissue damage failed
    2.Physical Therapy could not attend after one visit because could not walk for two days after wards failed
    3.All pain medication including nerve medication have all failed
    4.30 Epidural Injections all helped for one day failed
    5.Uneven balance up or down failed

You are unlikely to receive disability on the basis of this claim.

That may be the case but I have medical reports to support the claim so I await my day in court. Thank You

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast