Default Can You Charge a Adult for a Crime That He Committed when He Was a Minor

My question involves juvenile law in the State of: California

Hello, my question is that if you committed a crime when you were young (12-14). Lets say aggravated assault. If that person is now in his 20's but still can be charged with the crime. Will the individual be trialed as a adult or a minor?

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for the bad english grammer.

Default Re: Can You Charge a Adult for a Crime That He Committed when He Was a Minor

The statute of limitations and crime matter. A victim minor tolls the statute to file against another from their age of majority. Murder or embezzlement of public money have no statute of limitations in CA.

Default Re: Can You Charge a Adult for a Crime That He Committed when He Was a Minor

Sorry I dont quite understand what you said. If its witin the statute of limitation, will he be trialed as a adult or a child. Thank you for your insight.

Quote Quoting toshuff
    View Post
    Sorry I dont quite understand what you said. If its witin the statute of limitation, will he be trialed as a adult or a child. Thank you for your insight.
    Unfortunately it probably is not a simple yes or no answer.

Quote Quoting toshuff
    View Post
    What is the nature of the offense committed, and when you say he is in his 20s, how old is he now? How old was the victim at the time of the attack? Has he lived in the state and been available to the police, the courts, etc. since the time of the assault (i.e. not in hiding, out of state, on the run, etc.)?

You say "aggravated assault" but since there is no crime in CA with that general title, you'll have to describe what happened.

However, in most instances, the SOL on this would have passed years ago.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

1. Sponsored Links