Exclamation How Can I Get Emancipated at 15 in the State of Pennsylvania

My question involves juvenile law in the State of: Im 15 years old and i havent been home for about 3 weeks,ive been living with friends.I still get all my school work done and i get good grades,but i want to get emancipated because me and my parents fight constantly and my mom abandoned me.She left me with my father who smokes alot of weed and has anger issues.He tends to hit me when he gets mad and child services dont do anything about it.I have a really bad drug addiction and im trying to get help,but i feel like my house is a bad environment considering that my dad does drugs.My parents also dont buy food for me to eat and they steal all my clothes and stuff out of my room as a punishment.I am safe at a friends house i feel,and my family cant take me to live with them.How can i get emancipated and what do i do?

Default Re: How Can I Get Emancipated at 15 in the State of Pennsylvania

A child with a drug addiction will not become emancipated in any jurisdiction in the country.

What you can do is reach out to Child Protective Services. If they agree with your assessment of your situation, they will find you a permanent place to stay, put food in your belly and get you the help to break the habits you have.

However, you will still be a ward of the state... but you will have a better life.

You will also find that the first step to breaking drug addiction is putting an end to blaming other people for it.

Quote Quoting Cheyshoff
    View Post
    My question involves juvenile law in the State of: Im 15 years old and i havent been home for about 3 weeks,ive been living with friends.I still get all my school work done and i get good grades,but i want to get emancipated because me and my parents fight constantly and my mom abandoned me.She left me with my father who smokes alot of weed and has anger issues.He tends to hit me when he gets mad and child services dont do anything about it.I have a really bad drug addiction and im trying to get help,but i feel like my house is a bad environment considering that my dad does drugs.My parents also dont buy food for me to eat and they steal all my clothes and stuff out of my room as a punishment.I am safe at a friends house i feel,and my family cant take me to live with them.How can i get emancipated and what do i do?

Additionally, PA does not have a statute allowing for the emancipation of a minor; these cases are decided at the county level.

I suggest you read more about emancipation and what it means; it should become crystal clear why you will never be emancipated by a court.

They steal your clothes and stuff a punishment??? Don't you mean they take away your entertainment devices as punishment and your clothes so you do not sneak out to go use drugs?

1. Sponsored Links