Default Failure to Yield on a Military Installation

My question involves an incident in the state of: Georgia
    My husband is an Active-Duty soldier, I am a military contractor, and we work about 10-15 minutes away from one another. Yesterday, I went to see him for lunch and on my way back, someone failed to yield to me, almost causing an accident. I don't think it matters, but I know this person is a Drill Sergeant because of the PT (Physical Training) attire he was wearing. Aggravated by his complete disregard to not only his safety, but mine, I noted his license plate and vehicle make/model, as I ended up behind him.

To explain the incident a little better, I was crossing over railroad tracks and this short piece of road dead-ends into another road that crosses it like a T, so I can only go left or right but not straight ahead. My direction had right-of-way, and the other road that is the cross of the T has yield signs coming from both directions to ensure that people crossing over the railroad tracks don't get stuck on them. So this Drill Sergeant saw me and didn't even slow down, much less yield to me. I braked in just enough time to keep from our two front corners of our vehicles from colliding (or one of us hitting the other in general).

I don't see a way I can find out this Drill Sergeant's name so I can locate his unit and chain of command to notify them, nor do I see a way to effectively report this person. I understand that this is all hearsay any way you put it, but is there something I CAN do? Should I even try to? I mean, this guy shouldn't get away with it, but what to do? What to do?

Default Re: Failure to Yield on Military Installation - What to Do

Call the MP's and give them the information. After that, it is out of your hands.

Default Re: Failure to Yield on Military Installation - What to Do

Quote Quoting cyjeff
    View Post
    Call the MP's and give them the information. After that, it is out of your hands.
    Yes. But, don't expect much to come out of it. It will be an empty complaint.

1. Sponsored Links