Default Shoplifting in Target, New York

last Tuesday, when I was visiting Target ( which near my house) I stole a necklace that cost about $20,.When I was aproaching the door , there was a security man stopped me and said that my bag needed to be checked. Then, they lead me to a room in the back ,, they took my picture,they asked my name , home address and ID...I was scared to death so I didn't give them my real home address, and even my phone number...I lied...Then they ask my where I came from and did I do things like this before...I said no and I begged them don't letmy family know about this, they said If I cooperate with them, They would do nothing except : they would send a letter to my house and I have to pay for the thing that I took...At that time, they asked my ID, and I have to give them my school ID with my picture on it, and another one was like an employment ID with my fingerprint, my real name, nationality...I was really scare so I just thought that: If I gave them my fake phone number and address, they wouldn't know who I was, and the l etter would never come...But after one day of guilty, I decided to go back to Target and change my real address, but they employees who worked on that day didn't even know what was going on yesterday, and when I told the other security guy my situation, he said that he didn't know anything and I had to talk to his supervisor. But she wasn't there at that time, and the only way I can do is go online , find one the phone number and call them to fix it. But It seemed useless because they ket sending me from this line , to another line, and after a while, they said I had a wrong number because that wasn't Target that I stole thing. Now I'm very scare and I don't know what to do, you guys please help me, tell me what I can do to make it better....thanks

Default Re: shoplifting in Target ( NY)

... tell me what I can do to make it better....

Go back and tell the truth.

Default Re: shoplifting in Target ( NY)

I came back to Target and talked to the Supervisor in there, she was really nice and made me felt really comfortable , I told her the truth, gave her my own home address and she said that the mail would come to my house in 1 month and because my thing cost $20 so they didn't call the police ( It a state's Law, If I took anything more than $100, I might go to the court because they have to call the police) and they said nobody would know anything about my infomation, only in Target. And she guessed I have to pay about $ 100 for the civil demand...but she wasn't sure , the State would decide how much I must pay...and after I paid, everything will be end...I just hope that evrythin tg she told me was true, not to comfort me because during these days, I feel so sad, regret, confused, scared...I couldn't eat or even sleep , my boyfriend or my family don't even know because I'm so ashamed to share this to them. The worse thing is I;ve been here about 2 years, and Im waiting for my green card, so I don't want my name to be recorded or anything, it can ruin my life forever...Im only 21 years old...This is the first and also the last time in my life....

Default Re: Shoplifting in Target, New York

I have been waiting and waiting for my Cilvil demand letter comes to my house but after 3 months, there's still nothing and I'm very worried and scared, last months I came back to Target and talked to the Manager again, gave her my home hone and address and she said she would help me, but I still havent seen anything since then....is anybody know that this is normal or not? and what should I do? I dont want to wait like this and after a while, maybe the police would come and arrest me or something, then my family would know.....please help me...

Default Re: Shoplifting in Target, New York

Time to tell your family.

1. Sponsored Links