Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Default Re: Quit to Due Change of Hours, and Denied Unemployment

Quote Quoting Disagreeable
    View Post
    Ahhhhh how sweet. You are a legend in your own mind. One who apparently is going to get booted from UI soon because she does not want to take a job she was offered.
    Actually, I have been offered two jobs, and the second (better paying) job starts in January. Even if I don't continue getting benefits for the 3 weeks, I am still entitled to over $6,000 in back unemployment. I can live on that for three weeks.

Quote Quoting Disagreeable
    View Post
    One who apparently is going to get booted from UI soon because she does not want to take a job she was offered.
    You're not required to accept ANY job, only a suitable one. I don't think the job she wants to refuse is suitable.

Quote Quoting UnemployedAgain
    View Post
    Actually, I have been offered two jobs, and the second (better paying) job starts in January. Even if I don't continue getting benefits for the 3 weeks, I am still entitled to over $6,000 in back unemployment. I can live on that for three weeks.
    so, since the max bene in idaho is $343 that means it would take 17 1/2 weeks to have $6k in benefits, and that is at max benefit so, when did you first file for this?

She posted the decision. There's no way she made that up. According to the findings of facts from the decision, her last day was August 2. So, yeah, it's probably been 17-1/2 weeks.

Just give aaron or expertlaw a chance to post it over here along with more commentary about how I did her no favors.

You don't need to be a jerk. It is in no small part your attitude has percolated over to our dear, ungrateful OP. She got the same information in the other forum that she got here, and less. Since you asked, no, you do none of us any favors when you pretend to be an expert, when you can't even recognize an administrative code when you see one.

Looking at the other forum, I see that the full opinion has not been posted, but the part that has... well, evidences that our dear OP either misrepresented the facts or omitted relevant facts on her appeal, as she told us that she did not so much as lift a finger to find new child care arrangements after the change of hours, and had she admitted that on appeal I very much doubt that there would have been a finding that "was unable to accommodate the change in her schedule because she did not have childcare". But then, you were urging her to fudge the facts, so I guess you do get some credit for that.

The fact is chyvan, you generally offer great advice. That said, you are always pro "fight it", no matter what the situation. The rest of the members initiate more reality based informational outcomes. When you are always on the side of the poster, of course the few that win think you are great. The 95% that lost never come back and comment. They simply invested weeks and weeks complying with the qualification laws and going through the appeal procedures for nothing. Her basically claiming she did this only with your assistance is just a disingenuous as you would be claiming to be the only one who assisted her. I happen to think you have proved a great addition to the forum.

I am not ungrateful. In fact, I said thank you a few pages back. I was however, very offended at some of the "advice" offered to me. Chyvan seemed to be the only person who realized I was wronged (besides myself).

As for "not lifting a finger" to find alternate childcare, that is irrelevant as I was NOT GIVEN TIME. I was told on July 18th that I needed to start at 4:00 a.m. the next day. After getting off work on the 18th (which was around 4 - since I was working alone and had extra work) and picking my son up from daycare and heading home, how much time did that give me to find alternate care before the next day?

I provided all the FACTS to the Commission and they sided with me - even though all they had to go on was the prior testimony (nothing new was offered).

I was wronged by my employer - and I won. Period. End of story. And Chyvan was incredibly supportive and helpful in my case as I have seen her be with others - while many of the members here are very confrontational and simply seem to want to know more than anyone else. Whether or not the info or advice I was given by Chyvan was right or wrong, at least the intent was admirable.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd like to add, there was no dishonesty in ANY of my testimony. I told the adjudicator what happened, and my boss basically said "what she said". He agreed with everything thing I said - the only thing he added was that there were 7 times within a year's period that I clocked in around 4 a.m. (which I stated in this forum already - and admitted during the hearing). So there was no withholding of information or any dishonesty - I won based on the merits of this case and because I had the strength to see it through thanks to the support of Chyvan. Even if I had lost, I would be thankful for that support. Where is the harm in encouraging someone to fight for their rights? It might help someone else in the future by helping create new case law. Or they could lose - in which case, they would be no worse off than they were before.

If I hadn't gone over to the other forum and gotten actual support, I would be $6,000 poorer right now. Now I can pay my bills and my kids will have a nice Christmas.

You told us that you didn't lift a finger. You continued to work there for two weeks without lifting a finger. We've been through this whole song and dance, haven't we.

We already know that you are rude, ungrateful and not very bright - you don't need to keep hammering the point home. It's enough to say, chyvan didn't have you over here gloating after you lost the prior round of appeals, and you lacked the maturity to come here on your own.

UnemployedAgain;768809]I am not ungrateful. In fact, I said thank you a few pages back.
    to one person and one person only.

I was however, very offended at some of the "advice" offered to me. Chyvan seemed to be the only person who realized I was wronged (besides myself).
    there is the problem. This has nothing to do with being wronged. Your employer did not "wrong" you nor did the system. Your employer made a business decision based on what all business make decisions. Thinking they somehow are to blame for this is simply you thinking you are due some special treatment. Sorry but as they say; it's nothing personal. It's business.

As for "not lifting a finger" to find alternate childcare, that is irrelevant as I was NOT GIVEN TIME. I was told on July 18th that I needed to start at 4:00 a.m. the next day.
    but you did't start the next day at 4, remember?

After getting off work on the 18th (which was around 4 - since I was working alone and had extra work) and picking my son up from daycare and heading home, how much time did that give me to find alternate care before the next day?
    Oh, I feel so sorry for you. If you think you are the only one that has to scramble to get things done, well, maybe it's time to open your eyes.

I provided all the FACTS to the Commission and they sided with me - even though all they had to go on was the prior testimony (nothing new was offered).

I was wronged by my employer - and I won.
    no, you were not wronged, by anybody. You keep thinking that though and I will promise you, with an attitude like that, this won't be your first go round with unemployment.

Period. End of story. And Chyvan was incredibly supportive and helpful in my case as I have seen her be with others -
    while many of the members here are very confrontational and simply seem to want to know more than anyone else.
    well, maybe that is because all decisions are based on the facts of the situation. No facts; no reliable answers.

Having seen very similar situations go the other way from yours, I think you got a bit lucky. It could have gone the other way, as it had at least twice before.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast