Default What Expeneses Beyond Repairs Are Covered by Comprehensive Auto Insurance

My question involves insurance law for the state of: Maine

I recently was traveling in Oklahoma and my vehicle engine caught fire. My husband was able to put it out with a fire extinguisher. The insurance company paid for repairs but due to the fact it didn't have an adjuster in that area it took them 2 weeks before they approved the repairs. By that time the repair facility was 3 weeks behind (they were going to fit us in immediately at first). My husband was required to fly home without me, as we own our own business. I ended up staying in Oklahoma for 6 weeks. I was able to stay with my daughter which was a godsend because there would have not been anyway I could have afforded to pay for a hotel. I also couldn't fly home because I had my 2 dogs (great dane and jack russell) with us. My question is should my insurance company be required to pay for the airfare for my husband to get back home, never mind that i was out of work for 6 weeks.

thank you for your help

Default Re: What is Insurance Company Obligated to Pay

unless your insurance specifically covers consequential costs (most likely not), they are not obligated to cover anything other than the damages to the car

there is no reason attributable to the car issue that caused you to be out of work, at all. you can send the animals by plane or you could have rented a vehicle to get back home

1. Sponsored Links