Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Re: Compensation for Property Damaged by a Product Malfunction

And you received a $900 phone as a replacement? Really? Just what model would that be?

The only person whose behavior in this thread is inappropriate is the OP's, who resorts to swearing, name-calling and temper tantrums for no discernible reason.
    Quote Quoting nyameko1
    View Post
    Provide me with a new device as a replacement for the defective unit. (They offered me the latest version of the device, which I accepted in exchange for the defective one)
    As you have been repeatedly asked, why would you say this unless you were trading in an older model.

Also, you claimed to have found multiple incidents of the same product - which you now tell us is the iPhone 5 - catching fire in a similar manner. So please, go right ahead and share the details of those other cases. (The only claims I can find involving an iPhone 5 are an Aussie teenager who somehow managed to create a short between his charger and his iPhone (suggesting the use of a third party power adapter) resulting in minor damag but without the phone combusting, the case jk mentioned where the iPhone was damaged by an unauthorized repair center (and "exploded" but did not combust), and a Chinese woman whose cell phone "exploded" (but again did not combust) while she was using it after being damaged by being dropped on a prior occasion.)

While you're at it, how about posting some links to the photographs of your phone, chair and carpet? Thanks.

(jk, a factory unlocked 64 MB iPhone 5 listed for $899.)

My original defective device was an iphone 5 32gb. I was given a 64gb version as an exchange (they didn't have any 32's in stock) When I said 'new' I simply meant a NEW phone, not new as in the
    newest model. Sorry if my choice of words caused any confusion, by stating latest version, I MEANT that I was given something like pre-owned or refurbished model.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Quoting Disagreeable
    View Post
    With a $200 cost, it is not hard to believe they would replace a phone you paid $900 for, to make you happy.
    Let's be clear about something. Apple, which DOES offer very good customer service (generally) for legitimate issues. In fact, the folks required that I provide them with first photos, second the device, and IT WAS NOT UNTIL AFTER they inspected the device, was I given a replacement. If they wanted to make "me happy" The process wouldn't have taken hours of my time and a couple of weeks to complete! Now, had they found that I did ANYTHING WHATSOEVER to cause the malfunction, they MAY have worked with me, they may have not. But in my experience with Apple, if any problem I have had with a device was my fault. They NEVER just 'hooked me up' or gave me ANYTHING just to make me happy.

Quote Quoting nyameko1
    View Post
    Let's be clear about something. Apple, which DOES offer very good customer service (generally) for legitimate issues. In fact, the folks required that I provide them with first photos, second the device, and IT WAS NOT UNTIL AFTER they inspected the device, was I given a replacement. If they wanted to make "me happy" The process wouldn't have taken hours of my time and a couple of weeks to complete! Now, had they found that I did ANYTHING WHATSOEVER to cause the malfunction, they MAY have worked with me, they may have not. But in my experience with Apple, if any problem I have had with a device was my fault. They NEVER just 'hooked me up' or gave me ANYTHING just to make me happy.
    well, that is where you do not have the same meaning of happy as Apple.

You honestly believe they should just write you out a check without proof of the value of the damages and before they had even investigated the issue?

!
    Now, had they found that I did ANYTHING WHATSOEVER to cause the malfunction, they MAY have worked with me, they may have not. But in my experience with Apple, if any problem I have had with a device was my fault.
    and my experience has been quite different. They accepted your claim at face value and warranted the phone. That was a; we'll believe him for the warranty issue but...

and it's that "but" you are now looking for. That is not unusual for many manufacturers. It is expected to have a certain number of warranty replacements. Swap it and go but when you are actually claiming they have a product liability issue, they are going to investigate it so they can curtail any issues, if it was their problem, before the line of people making claims gets too long.

besides, they could always "brick" your phone should they discover you lied.

I agree.

I took my dd's Iphone 4s? (the newest version of the iphone 4) into the genius bar a few weeks ago because it had stopped connecting to wifi. We had had it for close to a year. Once I was able to show it to one of the guys who work there, he quickly replaced it with a new one. I didn't have to explain much or prove anything. They are quick to take care of their customers.

Given the zero documented reports of iPhone 5's combusting in the manner described, the zero examples of similar incidents shared by nyameko1 despite his claim that he knows of other examples, the zero pictures shared here, and the rather incredible claim of $1,000 in damage, I'm deeply skeptical of the account shared with us.

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    well, that is where you do not have the same meaning of happy as Apple.
    Huh?

You honestly believe they should just write you out a check without proof of the value of the damages and before they had even investigated the issue?
    HUH!?? Listen dude, for the umpteenth time, START READING FROM THE BEGINNING OF THIS THREAD.... THEN READ WHAT HAS BEEN POSTED IN RESPONSE (well, at least read what I HAVE POSTED) BEFORE MAKING ANY FURTHER DIPSHIT REPLIES/COMMENTS!! IF you read them, and still make jackass comments, I am TOTALLY fine with that. But your question shows that you are either lazy, a moron. Or maybe even a LAZY MORON! I don't KNOW if you are or not, but when you repeatedly post I feel like I am in some sort of moronothon with the amount of idiotic and largely baseless crass musings of at least 3 senior members. Ridiculous. AGAIN, PLEASE READ THE STRING CAREFULLY AND ITS ENTIRETY BEFORE YOU POST!! Pretty please!!

u

!and my experience has been quite different. They accepted your claim at face value and warranted the phone. That was a; we'll believe him for the warranty issue but...

and it's that "but" you are now looking for. That is not unusual for many manufacturers. It is expected to have a certain number of warranty replacements.

Again, this has NOTHING to do with my post. At least read the title dude.

Swap it and go but when you are actually claiming they have a product liability issue, they are going to investigate it so they can curtail any issues, if it was their problem, before the line of people making claims gets too long.

Correct! As an 'investigation' had bee started, however, the store I was instructed to submit the DEFECTIVE device to, (same store that gave me the REPLACEMENT device) has been unable to LOCATE it! Thus, causing the entire claims process (I explained all of this in detail already

besides, they could always "brick" your phone

First, 'bricking' or placing any sort of SUBSIDY LOCK on a mobile device is not something that Apple is capable of doing. A mobile carrier could do this, MAYBE.

should they discover you lied.
    Huh? What lies could they possibly 'discover'? The device was evaluated PRIOR to being exchange, REMEMBER??? It was only AFTER the determination that with no fault of my own, IN FACT DEFECTIVE and therefore subsequently exchanged in accordance with the manufactuer's (Apple) warranty.

I believe he's implying that your damages may not be as extensive as you are claiming. (forgive me if I'm mistaken.)

Anybody can set an iPhone on fire. The guy at the Genius Bar isn't a forensic engineer, and you were told as much - you can stop pretending otherwise, any time now.

Ok dipshit (since you seem to like that term):

this is all real simple:

prove your damages. Prove the cause of your damages
    you do that to apple and they will likely give some you money. If they don't sue them. If you convince a judge of your damages and that the phone was the cause, you win. Anything less and you lose.

there really is nothing more to say.

and if you think apple couldn't brick your phone you are just plain stupid. Who do you think controls that software on your phone. Apparently you do not recall the time Apple actually bricked a bunch of phones when the were first jail breaking them.

Apple can turn your phone on and off and make it do anything they want all while it is in your pocket and they in Cupertino. It's kind of like the beginning of the old Outer Limits show. (You can hunt that reference up if you are not familiar with it).

1. Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast