Default Race, Age and Gender Discrimination

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: PA

I've worked at a public school for approximately 20 years at a non teaching position and for the past 5 years I've been working in a hostile environment. I have reasons to believe that my superior is predisposed to undermine and try to push me out of my position by virtue of a very unclear accusations about functions unrelated to my job and functions that are based on feelings of parents. I'm a POC working in a predominantly Caucasian school. I can't list specifically what the harassment is but a few of us females definitely get treated differently and looked down upon and we're all mostly over 30 with all male Caucasian superiors.

I'd like to know what I can do to perform my job and keep these people away. Should I file with the eeoc? I've taken the matter to the union but they are ineffective. I have a few years left til retirement and every year it seems to get worse!

Default Re: Race Age and Gender Discrimination

"Hostile work environment" has a very specific meaning - what you're describing is not a HWE.

If you are a point of contact and the parents find you rude and abrasive, one must conclude you are failing in your job.

Quote Quoting Disagreeable
    View Post
    If you are a point of contact and the parents find you rude and abrasive, one must conclude you are failing in your job.

My superior has never said that i was rude and abrasive. It was more vague as in "not with the times" and every time I ask what did I do wrong, he can't tell me. How can I improve if I dont even know what I'm accused of?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Quoting Dogmatique
    View Post
    "Hostile work environment" has a very specific meaning - what you're describing is not a HWE.
    How is it not? I am always getting picked on and bullied. I am told I'm doing my job incorrectly and never told how it's incorrect. It's gotten to the point that I despise going to work because for the past 5 years it's been total hell.

Because again, HWE has a VERY specific meaning.

Google the term, or read here:

http://www2.law.ucla.edu/volokh/harass/defn.htm

1. Sponsored Links