Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Angry Long-Term Care Facility is Substandard

My question involves a person located in the state of:california 65 y old double amputee living in community I get hours for my care through county social services. They are suppose to maintain a bank of health aids to be available to select for my care . After waiting for close to a year they still could not provide a care provider and I was going to lose the option of staying out of a care center. As they had notified me that my Ss/SCSI was going to be taken to cover my stay at this horrid place. I'd lose my housing I've had sect 8 for over 18 years and have made sure to pay my rent cause I want to go home. I'd be left at the care home till death or hospitalization in worst case, they'd let me keep 35.00 dollars and I'd become a bum. The cost is 5,000.00 a month there and it is not a good facility ,I was dropped on my back during a transfer using a hydraulic lift and I was hurt but did not see a docter nor did they want to even apolagize or replace my broken watch I had bruises all over my back for weeks and they housed me with a lady that had severe dementia and she hollared screamed and assuallted staff and was constantly throwing things over the curtain. I know its not her fault .... but if I have to depend on a in home care provider and the county has no one willing to take on my case can I get the monies for my allocated hours paid to me so I can hire a privet assistant of my choice and keep myself from being forced back to the care home or god knows where else they may have a spot . It cost me a lot less to be my own social worker and I want this as an accommodation to protect my rights to choose,I'm sane and want to die at home and have my dignity .they can't offer what they are suppose to see to that I get from federal grant please tell me how to a dress this to the county office so they are forced to a solution and yes one different then there regular one. They have monies allocated according to my needs assessment I want to dispurse it and hire my own help.please help me

Default Re: Elder Law Also Diabled

You lose the right to choose where to live, when you require the gov't to pay for it. I am sorry, it is a reality though. I suggest you research other facilities, perhaps in a cheaper adjoining state. If you need nursing care, you do not need a place to return to.

Quote Quoting Disagreeable
    View Post
    You lose the right to choose where to live, when you require the gov't to pay for it. I am sorry, it is a reality though. I suggest you research other facilities, perhaps in a cheaper adjoining state. If you need nursing care, you do not need a place to return to.
    That is not necessarily true at all.

OP, do you have any family that can help you advocate for your rights?

You cannot force the gov't to opt to pay for home care, when they determine you should be in a facility. Just because OP feels that she can live at home does not mean the gov't agency does.

Quote Quoting llworking
    View Post
    That is not necessarily true at all.

OP, do you have any family that can help you advocate for your rights?

Default Re: Long-Term Care Facility is Substandard

Quote Quoting misjustice4me
    View Post
    can I get the monies for my allocated hours paid to me so I can hire a privet assistant of my choice
    THIS is one crux of the issue. It is INCREDIBLY likely that the regulations that govern the funding for your home health care will NOT allow the funds to be disbursed directly to you. Funds for such programs must typically be paid to service providers who have documented and submitted things like proof of licensing, background checks, etc. If you've already GOT a particular provider in mind, then have that person contact the program and see what THEY need to do in order for their services to be paid via the program. But I wouldn't be counting on seeing any of that funding being made payable to you.

You cannot force the gov't to opt to pay for home care, when they determine you should be in a facility. Just because OP feels that she can live at home does not mean the gov't agency does.
    This is the other important crux. How long ago was your last certification of eligibility for whatever program you're trying to get funding from?

Officially across the country from where I've been all my life

In one post this person is the provider, in THIS post the poster is the client. Both of them misspell the same words...

the answer still stands, regardless of who asks the question though. The County is NOT going to be made to pay you.

Which thread? I could not find it after a quick look for CA elder issues.

Quote Quoting CourtClerk
    View Post
    In one post this person is the provider, in THIS post the poster is the client. Both of them misspell the same words...

the answer still stands, regardless of who asks the question though. The County is NOT going to be made to pay you.

Officially across the country from where I've been all my life

View Post
    Check the poster's posting history. That's the easiest way to find it.

- - - Updated - - -

View Post
    http://www.expertlaw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163659

Default Re: Long-Term Care Facility is Substandard

It was under employment. I was looking for a different poster ID. The hole forest/tree thing.

No I am alone

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast