Default Can I Get Out of a Ticket if I Parked in My Garage Before the Police Came

My question involves traffic court in the State of: Florida
    I was coming home from the library and I was on my motorcycle when I pulled into the driveway I pulled right into my garage i shut off the motorcycle and I got off I noticed a police officer in my drive way . He stated I was going 81 in a 45 I told him I just got the speedometer fix and it stated I was going between 50 and 55. He went back to his truck and came back with a ticket he put on the ticket that I was going 74 miles per hour instead of 81. Can I take this to court because I was already at home my motorcycle was off and the officer wrote the wrong speed I was going on the ticket when he told me I was going faster?

Default Re: Can I Get Out of a Ticket if I Parked in My Garage Before the Police Came

No, the fact that you got home and parked does not make your traffic offense disappear.

No, the fact that the officer gave you a break on your ticket does not make your traffic offense disappear. Should you wish, you are free to argue to the prosecutor that you should have been charged with a more serious offense.

Default Re: Can I Get Out of a Ticket if I Parked in My Garage Before the Police Came

You have a standard speeding ticket defense to prepare for if you wish to contest.

Quote Quoting drodi
    View Post
    I told him I just got the speedometer fix and it stated I was going between 50 and 55.
    So, you admitted that you broke the law. He's probably got that recorded.

Quote Quoting drodi
    View Post
    Can I take this to court because I was already at home my motorcycle was off and the officer wrote the wrong speed I was going on the ticket when he told me I was going faster?
    Sorry, go to court and you'll lose no matter what you say.

1. Sponsored Links