Default Will Employers Find Out That I Shoplifted

My question involves court procedures for the state of: NY

I was caught shoplifting at L&T by the LP. She took me to a room where I paid $220 for the civil demand and agreed not to step foot in the store for 2 years. She said this would not go to court. My question is will this affect my ability to get a job in a hospital. I will be applying in 2 years. Also, will this affect me getting a pharmacy license?

Default Re: Will Employers Find Out That I Shoplifted

If neither the police nor the courts were involved, you don't have a criminal record.

thank you for the response. The LP did say she was choosing not to go to court, but is there the possibility she could decide to in the future. And i Hva heard about retail theft databases, do hospitals use these in their background checks?

is there the possibility she could decide to in the future.
    Unlikely. You've already paid the civil demand, there's no point in dragging you to court as well. Court is expensive.

And i Hva heard about retail theft databases, do hospitals use these in their background checks?
    No. And unless you had gone to court and been convicted, you wouldn't appear in one anyway.

Relax. Breathe. Don't be stupid again and you'll be OK.

1. Sponsored Links