Default Mobile Home Park Owner Won't Remove a Potentially Dangerous Dead Pine Tree on Our Lot

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: Florida

I have at the back of my Mobile Home a Dead Pine tree that at this point is coming down and the Managers at the Mobile Park said that they have to come and inspected the actual tree so they can get some estimates for the removal. So far so good... Now the reality is that NO ONE has come and a big branch came down and hit my roof and damaging my ceiling. Part of it landed on top of my baby girls bed... I am very concern about this, I called, left messages, Emails and went in person and talked to them. They came to say that the would be in the property by next day to check on it! Guess what??? Nothing and it's been a week now. With all the rain coming in my daughters bedroom and her being scared I can't even sleep at night wondering if the rest of the pine will also come down and harm us!

Default Re: Mobile Home Park Owner Won't Remove a Potentially Dangerous Dead Pine Tree on Our

If the tree is on your lot and was alive when you took possession, depending on the terms of the prospectus and you rental agreement, here's a pretty compelling argument that tree removal is your responsibility. Is it on your lot? What do the prospectus and rental agreement say?

Default Re: Mobile Home Park Owner Won't Remove a Potentially Dangerous Dead Pine Tree on Our

Now let's speculate that the tree is not on your space but is part of the common areas of the mobile home park.

If you can show that the park owner "knew or should have known" that the dead tree presented a hazard and then ignored that notice or knowledge you might have a negligence case.

Unfortunately, considering the owner/management's recalcitrance, you would likely have to litigate and that could take months, maybe years.

I suggest you turn the claim in to your insurance company ASAP and get your repairs done.

You do have insurance, don't you?

Well the pine tree is on my lt actually on the back of my mobile home, they knew about it and said that they need to call the city so they can have permission to remove it and then they will need a
    3 estimates. So far nothing and the pine keeps coming down

- - - Updated - - -

There was news in the Orlando Sentinel from november 2, 2000
    Tree hits dweling, kills woman
    This happened in the same mobile park where I am living at his point with kids
    They tried to cut the pine but it fell in the wrong dirrection killing an old lady in her own bed

Check with the local town's ordinance ... they maybe able to remove the tree and charge the land owner.

Call your insurance company about the damage to your MH.

Call a lawyer about the tree removal.

You're obviously not getting anywhere this way.

1. Sponsored Links