Default Enforcing Child Support Where the Parents Didn't Pay Through a Child Support Agency

My question involves child support in the State of: california

So my exhusband of 16 yrs now,just remarried someone with four kids and now he dosent seem to be able to pay me,not to mention i think hes on unemployment while working under the table.i never filed through the county because hes been good at paying me,our daughter turns 17 in nov and not sure if i should start a order through state.we do have the original order from the divorce showing the support..is that enough to take him to court and collect on my own if he contiues not to pay?if so should i hire an attorney?and what records would court need from me showing his lack of payment?

Officially across the country from where I've been all my life

Default Re: Enforcing Child Support Where the Parents Didn't Pay Through a Child Support Agen

Quote Quoting jcb40
    View Post
    we do have the original order from the divorce showing the support..is that enough to take him to court and collect on my own if he contiues not to pay?
    Yes
    if so should i hire an attorney?
    You probably should
    and what records would court need from me showing his lack of payment?
    You could show where he wrote checks and you cashed them... and then he stopped.

But why not just take your order down to child support services and open a case with them?

1. Sponsored Links