Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Default Re: Real Legal Requirements for Being a Lawyer and Attorney-At-Law

I didn't say they would waive tuition for all students. I said they would provide financial aid for those students who needed it. There's a decided difference.

But you're not interested in the facts, you're interested in promoting your own agenda. Which is a piece of nonsense. And I don't happen to be in the mood to discuss nonsense with you tonight. So please feel free to have a conversation with yourself from this point on.

cbg out.

Thanks for you advice anyway, cbg. You didn't mention what university you were referring to, but that's OK. It's irrelevant. I have my reasons for not going to a JD program which is something that I would have done 15 years ago, but things did change, and I am almost 40. Too bad you don't want to understand other people's situations and grow quickly intolerant. It's very typical of western societies - they decidedly lack patience.

You're right; I didn't ,mention which university. You have more than enough information to figure it out for yourself, if you're interested.

Quote Quoting Lawmeister
    View Post
    However ... I just found something. It seems that in common law a person has a right to CHOSE HIS OWN REPRESENTATION which does not mean it has to be an attorney. Also McKenzie friend thing can work as long as officials of the court are told that no payment is being made. I am not saying law school should be free. But some very good law schools are highly overprices, especially in NYC. Unless I go elsewhere ...
    Like usual you are incorrectly applying a bit of information to a situation it does not apply to. Yes, while a person can choose who represents them, it is still illegal for a person to represent another unless they are licensed to practice law.

to the McKenzie friend; money has nothing to do with being charged with practicing law without a license.

cbg, I thought you said you will not discuss nonsense with me tonight. You know, you could have been a nice guy and just tell me what university it is. It wouldn't have been a big deal. The reason I brought up this question of legal requirements for practicing law was not only because I am more heavily involved in legal aspects of business, but also because lots of things don't make sense to me. Why am I allowed to represent myself, but not others? Why am I allowed to represent others under certain circumstances, such as if it's my spouse? And every time I deal with a lawyer they always seem to steer things their way, which is usually settlement. When I point out the merits of the case and how easy it would be to win they say going to court is expensive and time consuming, all after they promise to go to trial if that's what it takes just to get you to sign the agreement, but then they back off the whole trial thing. This is exactly why I feel doing it myself is better, and I have been very effective in the past. They other side knows they are not dealing with just another lawyer who will settle not in the best interests of the client, and then we go to the same social club to hang out as friends just to come back next day to pretend that we are adversaries. These kinds of things are the real nonsense. And there is lots of it. I set up corporations for people, and law specifically demands corporate name in capital letters, so I know. OK? But then court cases list people's names in capital letters too. Yet try to sign your name in capital letters, and they will tell you not to print, but sign your name as a proper noun. So, corporations and people in court are both legal fictions? This kind of thing give strawman conspiracies serious weight, and that's more of real nonsense. I don't suppose anyone can explain this capital letter thing to me, since many are experts here? And if it is all a sham with marine admiralty courts substituting for legal fictions with capital letters for real people with rights, then I have to be aware of that before I can even consider a legal profession. That's why I named this thread Real Legal Requirements, not whatever they want you think. Because I want to know what is really what. I was a philosophy major in university, Rene Descartes was my favorite along with Socrates. I believe cross-examination is based on Socratic method of questioning. Getting to the essence of things is important to me.

=Lawmeister;735185]cbg, I thought you said you will not discuss nonsense with me tonight. You know, you could have been a nice guy and just tell me what university it is. It wouldn't have been a big deal. The reason I brought up this question of legal requirements for practicing law was not only because I am more heavily involved in legal aspects of business, but also because lots of things don't make sense to me. Why am I allowed to represent myself, but not others?
    Why am I allowed to represent others under certain circumstances, such as if it's my spouse?
    and again you are incorrect. You cannot represent your wife unless you are licensed to practice law
    because the courts will allow you to lose your case due to incompetence but when you are dealing with others money and lives, the court demands you show proof you have at least been educated enough to give it a valid shot.

And every time I deal with a lawyer they always seem to steer things their way, which is usually settlement.
    because a settlement is usually what serves the client best.

When I point out the merits of the case and how easy it would be to win they say going to court is expensive and time consuming, all after they promise to go to trial if that's what it takes just to get you to sign the agreement, but then they back off the whole trial thing. This is exactly why I feel doing it myself is better, and I have been very effective in the past. They other side knows they are not dealing with just another lawyer who will settle not in the best interests of the client, and then we go to the same social club to hang out as friends just to come back next day to pretend that we are adversaries. These kinds of things are the real nonsense. And there is lots of it. I set up corporations for people, and law s
    pecifically demands corporate name in capital letters, so I know. OK? But then court cases list people's names in capital letters too. Yet try to sign your name in capital letters, and they will tell you not to print, but sign your name as a proper noun.
    sorry but you can sign your name any way you choose but you need to realize signing your name means writing your signature. If your signature is not your name all in capital letters, then that is not your signature.

I don't suppose anyone can explain this capital letter thing to me,
    what capital letter thing. Provide the law that requires or prohibits what you are claiming is required or prohibited.

And if it is all a sham with marine admiralty courts substituting for legal fictions with capital letters for real people with rights, then I have to be aware of that before I can even consider a legal profession.
    there's that Freeman mentality again. You have tipped your hat again.

You give me a valid reason why I should name my employer, which I may not wish to identify in public for personal reasons unrelated to your thread, just because you want to know, first.

ETA: As I said, you have more than enough information to find the answer yourself. If you can't, with the clues I left you, then I would question whether or not you're really so skilled at law and research that you should be allowed to take the bar exam and practice without going through the same education that others need to go through. You're really not that special a snowflake, you know.

Or is it just that you're afraid that no good law school will accept you, so you're trying to bypass the process?

Sorry jk, I didn't mean to ignore you. I hope your feelings are not hurt or anything. There were some valid posts to be addressed, as much fun as it is to conversate with you. I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me. I can't really spend all day correcting your ... errors. For example, you can represent your wife in a tax court. Enrolled agents can do it also. You still did not give me any official legal definition of word driver as defined in Black's Law Dictionary. Just a guy behind the wheel? And no case reference or some other definition in a statute? Because Freeman guys define their terms in laws and dictionaries. Personally, I too would have defined a driver as a guy behind the wheel. I don't know who defined driver in a dictionary, but they had to make sure that word employed was there. Why? I would not have said employed. Yet there it is clear as day. Why not change it to just a guy behind the wheel? They won't do that though. I have seen definitions from law, I think it was constitution of CA, defining motor vehicle. Motor vehicle is not a car. It's defined a being engaged in commerce. There's even a youtube video about that. Why not just say any carriage with a motor? Why put commercial in it? Same thing with courts. If your name is JOHN SMITH or John Smith, and it doesn't really matter, then why is it that they would never change it to John Smith? It will always be JOHN SMITH in court papers. Only these freeman guys seem to answer the questions, but never any real attorneys or judges. Are they in on it? What's being hidden here? Is it because we all have, for example, inalienable (no lien) right to travel based in common law, and in order to control and regulate that your legal fiction in capital letters must be created first? John Smith is the proper noun for name in English language, not JOHN SMITH. Still no explanation. And no explanation why I can represent myself in court anytime, but never my pals. At least medical field is consistent - only a surgeon can open you up at any given time and under all circumstances. With law ... it depends. That's what I am trying to understand. You are not providing clear answers, jk. If you don't know, then just say so. Don't have to post untruths about my sister. And as for Zimmerman's case, nobody bashes their own head into concrete. He does not have a history of this type of behavior, shooting unarmed people then covering it up. So have to take his word for it, and in court and in notarized affidavits it becomes a fact unless you have some other fact or testimony otherwise. And there was none. Some liberals are into that whole "he was shot because he was black" thing, but that did not stand up in court. Me being a conservative, I have to go with law and facts. Screaming racism is pointless in Zimmerman's case, as results have clearly shown. And wasn't it Martin calling some "cracker", a racist term in Florida? Pretty clear who the racist and assailant is in this case, and jury agreed. You don't strike me as a factual person, jk. Personally, I don't see why government needs to regulate everything the way they do. Constitution says we have a right to bear arms, PA and Texas are ok with it, but NYC created laws making it virtually illegal to carry a gun to defend yourself against criminal threat that is proven to exist. This is why I question things - because they don't make any sense.

- - - Updated - - -

cbg at let's say [----]? Not easy to find, nor am I interested in tracking anyone down. Unless somebody wants to invite me for dinner ... I like sushi. But that aside, I understand your reason, and I am not angry. I respect your need for privacy. As for JD and going through the whole thing, this is something I need to think about. I was pretty good at taking tests. Originally I was going to go to med school, but all those screaming people in ER where I spent 1 year volunteering didn't work for me. Getting into a good law school is doable with proper preparation, for me, it's the good law school's tuitions that I have an issue with ... and then my age, too. I'm almost getting ready to retire. Is it worth it? That's my question. Fear has nothing to do with it.

If you respected my need for privacy, you wouldn't be posting it.

I didn't think it would be such a big deal to mention a university. I went to CUNY for undergrad. But it's OK if somebody doesn't want to say something. I have no problem with that. Everybody is so touchy nowdays. It's almost like we should all stop talking and lock ourselves in a room to be safe from everything and everyone.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast