Default Father Has Passed, Will Changed 4 Days Before Death

Ok so my girlfriend had a terminally ill father who was struggling with lung cancer, he has been for years, recently her mother had passed and she was taking care of him. I moved in to try and help due to her having mental issues such as depression from the recent trauma, lived there almost 6 months. A caretaker which he decided to pay to come and cook and clean started up, after a week of her being there he decides to kick me out for no obvious reason, I complied and left. He became increasingly irrate and angry at minor things as well as not being able to eat much or walk around much at all lost weight as well. About a month after I was kicked out he kicks out his daughter(my gf), now 5 weeks later, he has passed and changed his will 4 days before his death, naming all assets to be left to this caretaker which he's only known for about 3-4 months total. His previous will had all assets going to my girlfriend which was done about 3-4 months ago. We are lost as to why he would do this, the forms seem legitimate except for a small error where a letter was scratched out... It has been notarized... We feel the caretaker has influenced him or taken advantage of him...he's been on morphine and lots of painkillers the past few weeks, precisely the past two I know for sure...help please.

Default Re: Father Has Passed, Will Changed 4 Days Before Death

She can certainly hire an attorney to contest the will and his mental state or fitness to make decisions, based on his medication.

I'd certainly run this by an attorney if I was your girlfriend. Asap.

What state did he reside in?

Was this a holographic will? Or prepared by an attorney?

Was the will witnessed? (The only state I know of that requires notarization of the will itself is Louisiana.)

State of Texas, it was a pre-typed only with signatures and two witnesses at the end....both witnesses names aren't recognized by my girlfriend or was it someone who her dad knew... We are getting an attorney tomorrow to take a look at the case, we've now started to see money being siphoned out of the bank account of his, the caretaker was added as a beneficiary the last month of his death...

contest the will. also get a letter from his doctor to see if he was actually by sound mind.

1. Sponsored Links