Default Obtaining a Restricted License After Having License Suspended

My question involves a driver's license issued by the State of: Tennessee
    i recently got a speeding ticket for going 105 on 70 and got my license suspended for 180 days im 17 i turn 18 in September 6 . yes i understand stupid i could of died or hurt someone else i know. i need a to go to school since my school is on post its community college and i have no one who can drive me on post. my record was clean for 2 years until now. so if anyone can tell me if its possible to receive a restricted license . i would gratefully appreciate it . i made a big mistake i know but every one makes a mistake. please no negative comments. thank you

Default Re: Obtaining a Restricted License After Having License Suspended

i had a regular drivers licence

Quote Quoting danny r
    View Post
    i had a regular drivers licence
    How could it have been a regular license if you had not reached the age of 18 as of yet? And while this Department Of Safety web page states that even a licensed driver who is under 18 has some restrictions until the age of 18? And, you yourself described it as a Graduated license in the other thread you just started (quoted below).

Quote Quoting danny r
    View Post
    i need a to go to school since my school is on post its community college and i have no one who can drive me on post.
    Well, your other option means you having to take classes at the local community college, and transfer them to a bigger school when you are able to legally drive to the bigger school.

Quote Quoting danny r
    View Post
    my record was clean for 2 years until now.
    Your record was clean for 2 years while you were on a license, that is restricted by several provisions that are intended to instill the importance of a clean record. So having a clean record during that is not an achievement, it is a requirement! Even after you receive your regular license, obeying the law is a duty that is imposed on every driver.

Quote Quoting danny r
    View Post
    i made a big mistake i know but every one makes a mistake.
    And everyone who makes a big mistake should pay the penalties.. IN this casse, the penalties include what appeared to be a "revoked" (not suspended) license!

Quote Quoting danny r
    View Post
    please no negative comments.
    Define "negative"...

Anyways, from your NEW thread: Getting a Restricted License After Serious Violation of Graduated License

Quote Quoting danny r
    View Post
    My question involves a driver's license issued by the State of: Tennessee
    I got a speeding ticket for going 105 mph on 70 zone and got my license suspended for 180 days . i received the ticket when i was 17 i turned 18 a few weeks ago.
    My judge suspended my license but didn't send it to the state i guess so i can have a clean record not sure though. i was wondering if there was anyone who would know how i can either get a restricted license or anything so i can drive again. only reason im asking is because im fresh out of high school and i want to go to college but the school i want to go to is a 1hr and 30 min drive i have already missed 3 registration days and i dont want to waste 6 months of my life sitting at home. its been about 3 months since i have had my license suspended and i have defensive driving class in a few days. i cant really afford a lawyer either. if anybody can please help me give me some information i would greatly appreciate it. thank you
    Also, I had posted more information than what you see but I misread the code section and you aren't clear on your type of license you had at the time because it does make a difference...

1. Sponsored Links