My question involves child support in the State of: CA

I changed job recently. So my previous wage assignment for child support is terminated. Then I send checks to my ex in the same amount as the previous wage assignment 2 times per month. But she did not cash those checks. I do not know why. Since I have a restraining order to my ex. Is it legal to send checks to my ex for child support? And if she did not cash my checks, will it my responsibility for it and any legal issues in family law?

Many thanks.