Default Sending Checks Directly to My Ex- After Changing Jobs, Checks Not Cashed

My question involves child support in the State of: CA

I changed job recently. So my previous wage assignment for child support is terminated. Then I send checks to my ex in the same amount as the previous wage assignment 2 times per month. But she did not cash those checks. I do not know why. Since I have a restraining order to my ex. Is it legal to send checks to my ex for child support? And if she did not cash my checks, will it my responsibility for it and any legal issues in family law?

Many thanks.

Default Re: Sending Checks Directly to My Ex- After Changing Jobs, Checks Not Cashed

If you were the subject of an income withholding order, you should have immediately notified the county department of child support services responsible for your case of the change of jobs and provided information about your new employer. Did you do that?

I have no access to the personal protection order, but I would not be surprised if it forbids you from contacting your ex- by mail. Read it and see what it says.

Yes, you will continue to be responsible for your child support if the payments are not received by your ex-.

Officially across the country from where I've been all my life

Default Re: Sending Checks Directly to My Ex- After Changing Jobs, Checks Not Cashed

You can drop a check off at your local child support serivces office and/or pay online. Problem solved.

1. Sponsored Links