Default Contributing to Delinquency of a Minor Charge for Buying Alchol Served to the Minor

Last month.
    I was at a friends house, he gave me money to buy alcohol which I did. It was his house, he's 33. Im 22. Anyway he had a 17 year old over and gave her alcohol. She got sick and when I tried asking her if she wanted to go home he wouldn't let her answer me. I was persistent with asking her cause I wanted to hear from her if she wanted to go home or not. He got mad that I kept asking and grabbed my neck and dragged me out of the house and I called the police. They came and asked if I had someone to come get me and I said yeah, but then they ended up arresting me.
    I got charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor, I guess cause I was the one that picked up the alcohol. Anyway, I go to court in two days and I'm wondering what I can expect. I have no criminal history. I did have to pay $200 when I was 17 because I was with some girls who stole something from sears, but I was never charged with anything... No ticket, no court, nothing.

Also, the 33 yr old got arrested for the same thing. I know they let him out the next day and he had his court date last week. I don't know exactly what happened but he's in a county jail now with a cash/surety bond for $1650.00. Why would he have gone to the county jail after his court appearance? I don't know his previous record, but if he was sentenced to jail time, would he have a bond? I'm just wondering why he'd be in jail with such a large bond...

Default Re: Contributing to Delinquency of a Minor Charge for Buying Alchol Served to the Min

Because he was required to post bond for release prior to trial perhaps?

Default Re: Contributing to Delinquency of a Minor Charge for Buying Alchol Served to the Min

What to expect in court? That depends on the nature of the hearing. At an arraignment, you can expect the formal reading of the charge and the opportunity to enter a plea. If a prosecutor is present you may be offered a plea bargain. Local practices can vary, and you chose not to even follow the instruction to identify your state.

I suggest consulting a criminal defense lawyer and having your lawyer review the police report, as well as finding out what happened in your friend's case. We would have no way of knowing why his bail was increased; if he failed to appear and was picked up, that would explain it.

1. Sponsored Links