Default If You Get Sick While in Unemployment, Can You Switch to Disability and Switch Back

My question involves unemployment benefits for the state of California. I am currently on unemployment, but I have recently become too sick to work. Should I interrupt my unemployment benefits to apply for disability insurance? I'm getting outpatient (part-time out of hospital) psychological treatment for about 2 months and I also have back and knee pain. If so, approx. how long will it take to apply for and collect disability benefits? Is two months even worth the trouble of switching? And, will I be able to go back on unemployment and receive the same benefits once my doctor clears me and says I'm able to work again? Will this affect the amount of unemployment I receive after I go back, or will there be a gap, or penalty, in my benefits?

Officially across the country from where I've been all my life

Default Re: If You Get Sick While in Unemployment, Can You Switch to Disability and Switch Ba

You don't have a choice. You cannot collect unemployment if you are too sick to work. If you're answering that VERY FIRST QUESTION on your claim form truthfully, you're not eligible for unemployment benefits. If you're not answering the question truthfully, then you're committing fraud.

Default Re: If You Get Sick While in Unemployment, Can You Switch to Disability and Switch Ba

But after I apply for disability can I still go back to unemployment when I am well again?

- - - Updated - - -

Also I am back dating my claims so I have not filed any claims for the time that I was too sick to work.

1. Sponsored Links