My question involves traffic court in the State of: CA
I was cited in state of CA for going above the speed limit. CHP used lidar to detect my speed. I decided to contest and sent out IDR to the citing agency (CHP). In IDR I asked for following information:
1. Officers notes
2. Any lidar training certifications that officer had
3. Traffic survey
4. Lidar make model, instruction manual, calibration data
I received the following:
1. no notes because officer is on vacation
2. Radar and Lidar certifications of the officer
3. CHP mentioned that the traffic survey is on file with the court. Not provided to me.
4. Lidar calibration report but no instruction manual
I would like to file motion to preclude officer's testimony because no notes were provided. I understand that when the court sees that motion they may order compel discovery.
Is filing the motion right thing at this point?
Should I file the motion ASAP or wait for the trial date?
I would appreciate any pointers.