Question Aggravated Circumstances

My husband has another child whom he never sees due to many reasons.
    His son is seven years old and has been living with his maturnal uncle for most of his life. His uncle wants to adopt him, which we agree is the best for him. But his biological mother doesnt want that to happen.
    My husband has not been in contact with his son for over a year now.
    Now CYS is having a hearing for Aggravated Circumstances to place his son up for adoption with his maturnal uncle.

I am just wondering what aggravated circumstances is and is his parental rights going to be terminated for not being in contact with his son??

Any help would be great!!

Thank you!!!!!!

Default Re: Aggravated Circumstances??

This is in Pennsylvania?

Quote Quoting 42 Pa. Cons. Stat. Ann. 6302
    'Aggravated circumstances' means any of the following circumstances:

The child is in the custody of a county agency and either the identity or whereabouts of the parents is unknown and cannot be ascertained and the parent does not claim the child within 3 months of the date the child was taken into custody; or the identity or whereabouts of the parents is known and the parents have failed to maintain substantial and continuing contact with the child for a period of 6 months;

The child or another child of the parent has been the victim of physical abuse resulting in serious bodily injury, sexual violence, or aggravated physical neglect by the parent;

The parent of the child has been convicted of any of the following offenses where the victim was a child: criminal homicide; a felony under laws
    relating to aggravated assault, rape, statutory sexual assault, involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, sexual assault, or aggravated indecent assault; a misdemeanor under the law relating to indecent assault; an equivalent crime in another jurisdiction; the attempt, solicitation or conspiracy to commit any of the offenses listed above;

The parental rights of the parent have been involuntarily terminated with respect to a child of the parent.

1. Sponsored Links