Default Can My Neighbor Make Me Move Our Driveway from the Corner of His Property

My question involves real estate located in the State of: Oregon
    We moved into our house 3 years ago. We have a copy of a sold easement from the neighbor to a previous owner of our home. However, the existing driveway curves up the hill from the access road to our house in a way that comes across his property corner. This is all gravel and appears to be existing for a long period of time.

Can he make us move the driveway even though it has been there for (maybe) 30+ years?

Default Re: Can My Neighbor Make Me Move Our Driveway from the Corner of His Property

What is the text of the easement grant?

Have you had a surveyor lay out the deeded easement on the ground?

Default Re: Can My Neighbor Make Me Move Our Driveway from the Corner of His Property

After reviewing the paperwork, it looks as if the easement was part of the purchase of the land originally. It allows ingress/egress for the first 30' of the bottom part of our roughly rectangular lots. My driveway is not fully within the 30' and would not be able to be moved over a bit due to some very old, large trees right next to it. It would have to be completely moved to another part of my property.

The trees are on whose property?

both trees are on my property. i'm waiting for a copy of the original easement from title co (or county?) via our realtor.

Thanks for the replies. My neighbor has offered to relocate our driveway from his property at his expense. My wife and I agreed to this arrangement.

It's good to hear that you worked things out.

1. Sponsored Links