Default Returning to work despite chronic injury

hi i am a postal employee who was injured at work five years ago. i have a list of 8 doctors and each have told me that my injury can not be helped by any means. so finally i have accepted my cross and have trained myself to deal with the DAILY pain of my injury. now the problem. i recieved a letter yesterday in the mail that is requesting my doctor to send me back to work. stating that anything short of bedrest means that i can work a modified job. i can barely get of out bed and when i do trust me it is in intervals. no matter what i do i can only do it for 5 or 6 minutes at a time before i have to change positions. literally. now my question. can they make me return to work even though i am injured? what are my recourses? how do i get my medical records from my first doctor who has retired and left no forwarding address?

thanks

Default Workers' Compensation - Letter to Return to Work

There is presumably a basis for the letter, other than "because we want him to go back to work" - such as the result of an examination by a workers' compensation doctor?

You would likely benefit from consulting a workers' compensation lawyer in your state (or is it Washington DC?), to determine your rights and the appropriate steps you should take to establish the continuing nature of your disability.

1. Sponsored Links