Default How Long Do You Have to Appeal a Social Security Ruling and Receive Back Pay

I'm 26 years old and am wondering about appealing on behalf of myself for survivors benefits that I did not receive. In 2004 I turned eighteen in October and my benefits were terminated before I went off to college that following fall of aug 2005 were the laws different and am I entitled to an appeal even though years have passed by according to the law now..my benefits were to continue because I was entering secondary school and at least until the age of 19.

Default Re: Is It to Late to Appeal and Receive Back Pay

When your benefits were terminated, you had an option to appeal. You did not do so.

It is too late.

My children recieve survivors benefits from their father who passed away in 2004. They are only entitled to benefits until they reach 19,only because they will still be in high school. If they were to drop out or graduate prior to age 19 they will stop recieving benefits. To my knowledge benefits do not carry over into college if u are over age 18.

hi im new to this, im not sure if im posting right. I have been trying for past 11 years to claim surviors benifits for my son and got denied, I went to inquire again and was told that all of a sudden his father has enough credits in the system for my son to qualify and they may possibly owe me back psy for the past 11 years. I was told someone made a mistake in the system and that is why I was denied. im wondering if they pay me retro since it was there mistake? and if they decide not to ay me retro what actions can I take to get what is owed to my son.

someone pls advise?

Read the award letter. If you disagree, file an appeal.

1. Sponsored Links