Default Can an Employer Issue Payroll Only Through Direct Deposit or Payroll Debit Cards

My question involves employment and labor law for the state of: Indiana

My husband informed me that his employer will be implementing a new process for payroll which will only provide wages to be paid via direct deposit or a payroll debit card. My husband is very old school and has always received a paper check. Does an employer have to provide a paper check as an option? Will the employer have to provide a paper document or electronic means to view a payroll stub? What if the debit card is not free of transaction fees? I feel that would reduce their wages because the employee would have to pay a fee to access their earnings.

Any information on this issue would be very helpful as I would like to inform my husband of what he should be asking the employer. Thanks.

Default Re: Can an Emplioyer Only Pay an Employee Using Direct Deposit or Payroll Debit Cards

You didn't Google this at all, did you?
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

Default Re: Can an Emplioyer Only Pay an Employee Using Direct Deposit or Payroll Debit Cards

The state of Indiana is one of 9 states that allow employers to require Direct Deposit. Exceptions are made for employees without bank accounts, but the alternate method by which the employee is paid is at the employer's discretion.

1. Sponsored Links