Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Default File I-212 in United States

    Can one file an I-212, I-601, and I-485 within United States? She returned to US after self-deportation after being admitted? On USCIS website, the field manual indicates that they will deny any I-212 petition filed within US, but 212.2 (e) does allow it. Again she was inspected and admitted. Not like majority of cases returned without inspection and being admitted.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Behind a Desk

    Default Re: File I-212 in United States

    Can you apply for readmission from within the U.S. after an illegal entry? C'mon.

    You're talking about 8 CFR 212.2(e)? That provision is obsolete following the passage of the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996. I don't know why it hasn't been updated. See sections 241(a)(5) and 212(a)(9)(C)(i) of the INA.

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. Removal (Deportation) and Reentry: Layover in the United States
    By pupps09 in forum Immigration Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-10-2010, 05:58 PM
  2. The Constitution of the United States
    By BOR in forum Banter
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-08-2009, 10:22 AM
  3. The United States Supreme Court
    By BOR in forum Banter
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-24-2008, 08:23 AM
  4. Removal (Deportation) and Reentry: Re-Entering The United States After A Five Year Ban
    By love_canada in forum Immigration Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-03-2008, 03:40 PM
  5. I Want to Live in the United States - How to Become a Resident
    By Brenglen in forum Permanent Residency and Naturalization
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-07-2006, 10:16 PM
Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources