Default Ex Deposited Check Made Out To Both Of Us In His Personal Account

My question involves criminal law for the state of: TN

I have asked a similar question before. I have hit a brick wall. My ex husband received a check from the Federal foreclosure review for $31,250 in his name AND my name. He managed to deposit into his bank that my name is not on. I have contacted the company that sent the check and it will take weeks to get a copy of that check front and back. I have a lawyer and we demanded payment. Now he is bringing up stuff from 7 years ago saying I ow him money and will only pay me some of the check. I do not owe him anything and YES I can prove that in a court of law. He also wants to hold back 20% of the taxes on the check. I contacted my accountant and she said NO WAy he can write me a 1099 and I will claim my half of the check. The demand date has now been reached and no money. Can he be criminally charged for depositing that check into his bank without me. This is a federal check for Bank of America settlement. It has been two months since he received the check and never told me about and tried to hide it from me. I found out myself and contacted him.

Default Re: Can I Bring Criminal Charge Against My Ex for Deposting a Chk with My Name in His

Does the check say payable to John Smith AND Mary Smith, or does it say payable to John Smith OR Mary Smith?

Default Re: Can I Bring Criminal Charge Against My Ex for Deposting a Chk with My Name in His

yes AND and it also says on the check that two signatures required This is a federal check

1. Sponsored Links