Default How To Remove Second Name from Vehicle Registration

My question involves consumer law located in the State of: Pennsylvania

Currently my vehicle registration lists both my name and my mothers name on my vehicle registration as 'Name One AND Name Two'. I was originally under my mother's insurance policy however I recently moved to my own policy. According to my insurance company I have 30 days to transfer the registration (title) solely to my name however I have no contact with my Mother and no way to get her to come into a notary to transfer to title to my name. Legally, is there anything I can do to force her to transfer the title? Is there any way around needing to be listed as the only person on my registration? The insurance company noted that the only reason they require this is to be sure that no one else other than the person listed on the policy would benefit from a claim; could I just provide proof that I have no contact with my mother?

Default Re: To Remove Second Name from Vehicle Registration

Nope. I am surprised they will not insure it as such. It may be due to mom needing to be listed as a driver.

Default Re: How To Remove Second Name from Vehicle Registration

I cannot see why the insurance company has an issue with this but if they do, they do. I would call around to some other insurance companies to see if this is typical in your state.

as to getting your mother's name off the title; not without her signing to do it.

The insurance company noted that the only reason they require this is to be sure that no one else other than the person listed on the policy would benefit from a claim;
    that's a seriously BS story. I think that company just does not want to insure you.

think about it: it was fine when it was on your mother's policy, even though your name was on the title. Why would the reverse be an issue?

1. Sponsored Links