Default Probation Violation of MIP

I'm from Michigan and I have 3 MIP's I recieved 1 year probation and 40 hours community service with 1x weekly PBT's. I violated my Probation by not sending the court a verification letterhead saying I was starting my community service. I've been on Probation for like 3 months and I've been doing everything else (1x weekly pbt's and I've never failed a test.) I was wondering what the court is going to throw me in jail or what. It seems like a very minor violation.

Default Probation Violation

If your probation officer thought it was important enough to initiate a proceeding for the violation of your probation, you should assume that the court will take it seriously. If you have not yet fulfilled that obligation of your probation, you should do so.

Default thanks...

If I go and get my confirmation letterhead from the organization I'm going to be doing my community service with will they go easy on me? I'm just wondering if I'm going to jail really...

Default Probation Violation - Proof of Compliance

If you go without proof that you are in compliance with your probation, things are generally more difficult than if you bring yourself into compliance.

Default Also...

I was searching the net and found this article about violations of probation. It says that if its a minor violation usually the judge puts you on a probation for probation and if you comply with the court you'll be fine. Also the judge might dismiss your VOP and send you straight back to probation without any jail time. Would you say this is what I should be expecting? I'm hoping this is what I'll recieve. Here's the link if you wish to read it.

http://www.queensdefense.com/vops.htm

Default Probation Violation

You significantly improve your chances that the judge will find the violation minor if your bring yourself into compliance by providing the letter, particularly if you were already performing community service.

1. Sponsored Links