Default Re: Age of Consent in Florida

ok i have a question that no one seems to be responding to.. i'm 17 and my boyfriend is 19, our birthdays are both in september, is it illegal for us to engage in sexual activities? can my parent(s) press charges of statutory rape? would the answer to the statutory rape issue change if i were to be pregnant with his child?

panther10758 Guest

kyen you asked this same question in several places. You have no said what state you rin or what age of consent is for your state. If you are still a minor yes charges could be filed. However its not that simple either why not just not have sex until your legal!

Quote Quoting Thetruth
    View Post
    In my opion the way the law reads is he is 16 years old (a minor) she is 18 years old (an adult) any type of sexual contact will get her the jail time that she does not want..

OPION tell her to back off. There are plenty of "legal" guy's out there.
    this is incorrect! in FL, 16 & 17 y/o's can engage in sexual contact with up to 24 y/o's... you need to re-read the statute!

Quote Quoting GreatGadsby
    View Post
    this is incorrect! in FL, 16 & 17 y/o's can engage in sexual contact with up to 24 y/o's... you need to re-read the statute!
    what is the statue number for that?

Default Re: Florida Age of Consent Law

Please keep in mind, that if the parents choose, they can obtain a restraining order against your boyfriend, to keep you and him apart. You are under your parents rules until you are 18, sorry!

Talking Re: Age of Consent in Florida

The answer to your questions is yes you can engage in sexual activities because you are over the age of 16 and he is not over 24.. your parents can not press charges because it was consentual.

Quote Quoting kyen
    View Post
    ok i have a question that no one seems to be responding to.. i'm 17 and my boyfriend is 19, our birthdays are both in september, is it illegal for us to engage in sexual activities? can my parent(s) press charges of statutory rape? would the answer to the statutory rape issue change if i were to be pregnant with his child?

the age of consent in florida is 18. However if the person is 24 or younger and the other person is 16 or older it can be consentual. Parents can not press charges if those are the ages even if you become pregnant

Actually, she's probably 20 by now. This thread is from 2006.

1. Sponsored Links