Default Generating and Selling Real Estate Leads Without a Real Estate License

My question involves business law in the state of: Massachusetts

Hey guys.

I've developed a skill for Internet marketing over the years and am good at generating leads through marketing websites and media buys.

One thing that I've been thinking about is really profiting from this as best I can.

One thing that always interested me was selling real estate leads; that is people who want to buy or sell their home.

I'm confident that I could generate high quality leads from people who want to buy or sell, my question is: what's the best way to profit from that legally without a real estate license?

Is it legal (or illegal) to sell these leads or refer them to a real estate agent (who would then work with the lead and close) for a % of the sale?

I live in MA which is known for strict laws, but I would appreciate anyone who knows better than I do.

Thanks!

PS: What about the same model for different businesses? Is that illegal?

PPS: Sorry for legal newb question. I'm good with computers. Not law.

Default Re: Generating and Selling Real Estate Leads Without a Real Estate License

The details of your plan matter. But think of it this way: The traditional means by which real estate agents generated leads was through print advertising. The companies offering to run those ads, effectively putting buyers and sellers together, were media companies - no real estate licenses. Zillow isn't a licensed real estate agent. So how different is your plan from being an ad agency or similar service, such that you believe you might need a license?

1. Sponsored Links