Question Can I Request Traffic School Even if the Violation is Ineligible

Hi,

I got a speeding ticket while travelling to CA. Since I do not reside there, I appealed through a "trial by written declaration", but was found guilty. I requested traffic school but got denied since the violation is not eligible (over 25 mph the posted limit).

Is there any recourse to request a new trial and appeal to the judge to at least consider granting the request to take traffic school and get this off the DMV record? Since I have been already found guilty and there is no new evidence I have to support my case.

Was getting late to an interview because I got stuck unexpectedly in traffic due to an accident on the road I was taking.. I panicked and was trying to make up for lost time when I got caught. In my appeal, I didn't really argue my guilt. I honestly stated my case and requested some leniency in the fines. I have to pay the huge fine, but would at least like to see if I can get this off the record.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Default Re: Can I Request Traffic School Even if the Violation is Ineligible

Quote Quoting gottkts
    View Post
    Hi,

I got a speeding ticket while travelling to CA. Since I do not reside there, I appealed through a "trial by written declaration", but was found guilty. I requested traffic school but got denied since the violation is not eligible (over 25 mph the posted limit).

Is there any recourse to request a new trial and appeal to the judge to at least consider granting the request to take traffic school and get this off the DMV record?
    No, you're done.

1. Sponsored Links