Exclamation Can We Get a Protection from Abuse or Restraining Order Against My Daughter

My question involves restraining orders in the State of: Pennsylvania

Almost four years ago my daughter from a previous marriage gave birth to a child. When the child was a month old she left him at our home and stated she didn't want him. She signed over all rights and we adopted him. Since then, every time she comes over to our home to visit us, and he calls her "sister", she gets really nasty and has now threatened that she will tell him that we are not his parents. We have had enough and want to know if we can get a Protection from Abuse order or a restraining order to keep her from coming to our home and having contact with our child. Immediate information would be sincerely appreciated. Thanks in advance. We all live in the state of Pennsylvania.

Default Re: Can We Get a Protection from Abuse or Restraining Order Against My Daughter

It is your house. Have you tried telling her she is not allowed in your home, on your property? If you have warned her, if she returns, call the police to report the trespass.

Default Re: Can We Get a Protection from Abuse or Restraining Order Against My Daughter

You could certainly petition the court for an Order. Whether or not you get it depends on the facts you present and who the judge is. One judge may not consider the facts to warrant an Order and another judge in the same Court might. It happens with regularity in ours.

Can you get a 'protection from abuse' order when there is no abuse, threat, or fear of harm? No, you cannot. Read this.

As previously indicated you can, however, tell your daughter that she's not allowed to come to your home and report any trespass to the police.

Filed harassment papers, spoke to judge and judge will issue an order. Thanks for all replies.

1. Sponsored Links