Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default I Think I'm Under Police Surveillance

My question involves police conduct in the State of: AR.

The police are up to something but I don't know what, and I don't know what to do. I never used to have encounters with law enforcement now I am having a lot.

I'm getting stopped and searched at airports more frequently.

Cops are pulling me over more frequently and I know I am not guilty of what they say I am guilty of. One asked me what I was doing in the area.

After one incident where the cop called it a courtesy stop, my mom asked another cop on my behalf why this cop pulled me over and the cop asked, "does he know what this means?" I said no. Then he said, "there is no such thing as a courtesy stop." He told me to file a complaint on him.

Now the biggest problems EVER are happening. I filled out a background check at my job. The police picked it up and suddenly weird things started happening. It's hard to explain but these are not normal. It's like the police are letting me know my house is bugged. Signs are showing up on cars that mimic conversations I've had in my house and on my phone.

A while back I was referred by my doctor for a stay at a clinic. At this clinic I believe undercover cops showed up, because patients were constantly trying to ask me prying questios.

One night I overheard the staff talking to each other saying, "I guess we're going to see criminal charges soon. Where is it? Oh, B_____." (where I'm from). One guy said, "Yeah, it's going to be big."

At this clinic a man came into my room to take me to a meeting. On the way to it he stopped and pointed to the TV where there was news about the shooting in Sandy Hook. He said, "do you see that?" I said yes. He said, "what do you think about it?" I said, "scary."

I didn't know why he asked me that, but later I learned that the shooting was fake. I should mention here that 6 or 7 years ago I called the FBI to report a crazy guy who had just posted a bunch of messages saying he was going to kill people. A few hours after posting the messages he shot several people before being shot by a security guard. He did not die immediately, so he took his own gun and shot himself in the head.

I also want to state unequivocally that I do NOT own a gun and I would NEVER shoot anyone.

Fast forward, now at my new job: my interactions with coworkers is not like any job before. Some of them are nice to me for a couple of days, then get extremely rude to me. It is not normal how rudely they are treating me. Things are being thrown at me, I am being blamed for things I did not do, and some people act scared of me. They are doing something weird in the parking lot where cars are being moved and different cars are being parked next to mine. Sometimes they look like unmarked police cars (white, large adjustable mirror, etc). Sometimes they have signs on them that pertain to my personal life or to conversations I've had in my house or on my phone. Once I walked up on a conversation where a guy said, let's do ______ just to mess with his head." (I couldn't understand what he said specifically). My coworkers are also wearing t-shirts with messages on them that allude to conversations I have in my home. (I can give an example if you want).

Also I believe someone is coming into my house and going through papers and looking for things because when I come home things are not in their usual place.

I have tried telling these things to lawyers. One guy told me he has more important things to deal with than this, that I was wasting his time, and none of this sounds like anything significant. Just yesterday a lawyer actually suggested I see a doctor! One lawyer was booked so I asked if they could refer to me to a lawyer. She gave me two names and one happened to be the prosecuting attorney. Believe it or not the secretary there was actually pretty helpful and referred me to some defense attorneys. The one she referred me to wasn't in, so at his office I asked, "is there anyone here who can talk to me" and that's who suggested I should see a doctor.

Well I am still having these weird experiences at work and no help from lawyers. What do I need to do? I want to know what was in my background check. Can I go to my job and say, "where are the results of my background check?" I believe it's at the police station anyway. I asked the last lawyer if I could find out if the FBI has a file on me and he said if I am the subject of a criminal investigation, the FBI will play dumb and won't show me anything.

What can I do here? I am desperate. I cannot even begin to describe the stress I feel at work where it feels like everyone is against me. People are distant from me. There are literally some people who will try to prevent me from talking to people. For example there was this guy I was getting along with and talking to a lot, these two people would constantly come and start talking to him, as if they didn't want him talking to me. Same situation for a woman with whom I had several friendly conversations. It's like they are trying to keep me away from other people and isolated.

There is more, but I can only write so much. Please someone for once give me useful advice. Something has to be done but I have no idea what to do. I cannot keep living like this. The stress is SEVERE.

Default Re: The Police Are Harassing Me and I Don't Know What to Do

Sometimes, even normal people can develop issues, due to stress and other factors, that cause them to act and react irrationally. People around you can react in a negative manner to that. Others can use it to screw with your head. I would say you need to find a counselor, priest or someone you trust implicitly to help you re-establish a grounded perspective and determine what is true and what is paranoia. It may be you expressed a radical view and are in fact being investigated for something. You should not allow it to drive you over the edge. Just make sure you are more conservative in your actions, so you do not commit a crime you can be charged with.

go to the grocery store. Go to the aisle with the aluminum foil. Get yourself a big ol' roll of the stuff. Fashion yourself a hat and suit out of it. Wear it.

You may want to take the advice of the lawyer:
    Just yesterday a lawyer actually suggested I see a doctor!

Trust me, just roll with the flow and you'll get use to it and then it gets great.

TRY THIS

I'm interested to know how OP knows (per the other thread) his/her house is bugged and the phones are tapped.

Two threads... Okay then. Same advice.
    Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    It's not a lawyer's job to figure out if your house is bugged. Going to a lawyer with what sounds like a paranoid delusion, which just happens to overlap perfectly with the position taken by any number of paranoid schizophrenics with whom the firm has previously dealt, "I don't have any evidence, but I know my house is bugged and I want to sue the government" will get you all of nowhere.

If you believe your house is bugged, retain a qualified security company to sweep your house for bugs and surveillance devices. If you find some, have them try to figure out who put them there. Then take your evidence to a lawyer, who will be grateful that you're actually offering evidence and thus distinguishing yourself from the mentally ill individuals making similar claims.

The responses caused me to start another topic in another thread, and there I give more details concerning this matter.

It has been moved here: http://www.expertlaw.com/forums/show...775#post705775

Just remembered another incident. A couple of weeks ago I went to pick up beer. On the way home, I stop at a gas station and there is a guy standing in front of the gas station holding an empty beer bottle upside down and just staring at me.

Also I have come home from work and things in my house have literally been moved to places I KNOW I did not put them. No valuables are missing, but things are definitely moved.

There is no reason you cannot video record the interior of your own apartment.

If your evidence for surveillance is that a guy with an empty beer bottle once looked at you while you were at a gas station, I can see why you're getting a skeptical response from law firms. Would you like me to again repeat my suggestion?

=HMN-HelpMeNow;705902]
    Just remembered another incident. A couple of weeks ago I went to pick up beer. On the way home, I stop at a gas station and there is a guy standing in front of the gas station holding an empty beer bottle upside down and just staring at me.
    I guess I wouldn't worry unless he had an open beer, upside down, that was still full. Then I would start wondering about the world as we know it because physics says that just cannot happen, at least without intentionally doing it to play a trick on people.

Also I have come home from work and things in my house have literally been moved to places I KNOW I did not put them. No valuables are missing, but things are definitely moved.
    have you asked the other people that live with you to not move things in the house while they are cleaning because it tends to upset you?

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast