My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Georgia.

I have a 15 year old daughter who is not biologically mine. She knows she is not biologically mine because her mom told her a few months ago, in the midst of our messy divorce. Up to that point, she had no knowledge of who her biological father was. The biological father is deceased, and a dna test has never been done to change her name or establish paternity for him, but it was acknowledged during our last custody modification hearing so she was left out of the custody order. I'm assuming this just defaults to her mom having custody of her.

Her mom has mental health issues and has been hospitalized 4 times in the last 5 months for those issues, with the first time being a suicide attempt by overdose. Her mother has let the 15 year old move in with her boyfriend ,also 15 years old, and his family, and they share a bedroom as if they were living on their own. My question is if I call Department of Family and Children's Services, how big of a mess am I going to create for myself? It seems like the right thing to do, but I don't want to shoot myself in the foot either.

I would have already taken care of this but I didn't want to make things any messier than they already were/are.

Advice? Thanks.