Question Neighbor's Old Building Is Too Close To Property Line

Hello everyone, I fouind this site looking around for county building laws, and well it looks like there ar ealot of people with problem like I have....

So here is my question...

I have just bought a piece of property in Michigan that is 105' X 180' there is a piece of property that seperates my land from the corners (my land runs between two streets) now the land that is seperating my land from the main road is only 45' X 180', it has a building (old cabin) that is no more than 1' off the property line, can this person grandfather the (unused and half boarded up) building, because as of now the building code is that any building has to be no less than 10' from the property line..

Please Help!!!!

I have contacted the Man that owns this property and he just wanted to argue over what ever happen to him in the past on that property,(that I have no knolage of and do not care to know) and he said he was not selling.

Default Re: New Property I bought has ...

You bought this property knowing that there was an old building one foot from the property line? And you want what? For the building to be moved? To buy the property?

You can check with the local zoning authorities to see if the building is grandfathered under zoning regulations.

Default Re: Neighbor's Old Building Is Too Close To Property Line

yes I bought the property knowing this, and I have had the intentions on buying it... but the guy who owns it told me he is not selling but did not tell me why, (he seems weird to me) anyhow the building is pretty much a hazard and I wouls either want it fixed up to code or removed.

1. Sponsored Links