Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Can You Sue Protective Services for Defamation

    My question involves defamation in the state of: maine/NH
    we had children placed in our home by CPS(Child Protective Services) and because the father requested they be removed CPS removed them, but they have told the children they were removed because one of our sons is going to jail and we didn't want them because of this. is this defamation and slander by CPS?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2006

    Default Re: Defamation and Slander

    No, it's not. At the very least, it's not anything that you could successully sue for.

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. Child Abuse: Under Investigation by Child Protective Services
    By dead_onion in forum Abuse and Neglect
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-23-2012, 07:30 PM
  2. Emancipation: Emancipation When Protective Services Won't Act
    By firechick in forum Juvenile Law
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-18-2007, 01:03 AM
  3. Protective Services: Harrassment Through Reports to Protective Services
    By cutelilduckies16 in forum Abuse and Neglect
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-07-2006, 03:10 PM
  4. Guardianship: Dealing With Adult Protective Services
    By Twila Rose in forum Disability and Elder Law
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-11-2006, 05:24 PM
  5. Emancipation: Emancipation from Child Protective Services
    By kandi_roberson in forum Juvenile Law
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-04-2006, 11:45 PM
Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources