Default How to Fire a Property Management Company

My question involves real estate located in the State of: Texas

Hello

First off thank you in advance for any advice.

Currently my subdivision has a property management company called Associa in place. We do not have a pool, club house, common area and so on. Just a fancy stone sign with some landscaping at the front of the subdivision. I pay ov 400 a year yet I do not see what the point of this management company is. I have asked them numerous times to provide me their services in writing and nothing received as of yet. I would like to eliminate them from the community and several neighbors are in agreement with me. Any advice on how to start this or even a good lawyer in the Dallas area would be appreciated. Thank you.

Default Re: Want to Eliminate from Our Community

The management company answers to the board not YOU. If you want to eliminate them, you'll need to convince the board (have you considered getting off your duff and participating in the community).
    If there is no management comapny, which one of your neighbors do you think should be stuck dealing with people like you, collecting dues, dealing with maintenance of the common areas, dealing with deaed beats who won't pay their assessments, etc....?

Quote Quoting flyingron
    View Post
    The management company answers to the board not YOU. If you want to eliminate them, you'll need to convince the board (have you considered getting off your duff and participating in the community).
    If there is no management comapny, which one of your neighbors do you think should be stuck dealing with people like you, collecting dues, dealing with maintenance of the common areas, dealing with deaed beats who won't pay their assessments, etc....?
    #1 - there is NO board

#2 - I just had a baby 6 weeks ago...come here and take care of my newborn which is a 24/7 job then have the nerve to call me lazy again.

#3 - the property management company collects due, no management company means no dues as there is no board.

#4 - there are no common areas other than a 100 sq ft entrance area that is landscaped...not worth 400 a year to maintain

#5 - I did not realize being money conscious = being a deadbeat. My insurance company denied an 1100 claim in error and I called them to have it corrected. Wow what a deadbeat I am...I should have paid with a big smile huh????

OK, deep breath, normal sarcasm removed.

OP, what ron was saying is you need to become more active in the community to learn the facts of what is going on. There is an HOA agreement in place somewhere that covers the terms under which they can be removed, unless there is some type of covenant on your deed, granting this status to them in perpetuity. The fact is they are doing something. How you question their authority to collect money to do it requires participation.

(Normal snarky response withheld in honor of the fact OP had likely not had a full nights sleep in months.)

If you have private roads, there's a decent chance that a good part of the $400/year is going into the bank for periodic road maintenance. If you don't, and all they're doing is occasional maintenance on a tiny landscaped area, no plowing or road maintenance, it's difficult to see the basis for the fee.

Somebody entered into a contract with the property management company. Whether the original developer did so, and the HOA collapsed afterward, isn't something we can tell you - busy or not (and I have a baby going on three months old 'asking' for my attention even as I type....) you will either need to investigate the history behind the HOA and this contract or convince somebody else in the neighborhood to do some digging on your collective behalf.

1. Sponsored Links